You can activate your Assurance Wireless SIM card with the simple steps provided in this article. We will guide you through everything you need to know to make sure that your SIM card is properly activated and ready to use. Like many of our previous guides, this guide will also concentrate on the activation process. Make sure that you have your SIM card and the smartphone you want to use it in. With that being said, let’s take a look at how to activate Assurance Wireless SIM.
What is Assurance Wireless?
Assurance Wireless is a telecom carrier that offers calling, texting, and data services to its subscribers. It is a domestic operator active in the US and offers cheap mobile plans. The network offers SIM cards and CDMA devices. The following article explores the Assurance Wireless SIM card activation process. Those who are curious about the process can scroll down for more information.
Assurance Wireless was founded in 2009 and is a subsidized service under the US Lifeline Assistance Program. Later, it became a subsidiary of T-Mobile when the latter acquired it in 2020. However, Assurance Wireless still continues to offer the Lifeline service to its customers. The network carrier offers free data, unlimited texting, and calling, along with a free handset, to eligible customers. Furthermore, these customers are not required to sign any contracts with the carrier. Assurance Wireless is one of the largest distributors of the Lifeline Assistance Program, which covers most states in the USA.
Who can qualify for Assurance Wireless Lifeline Service?
Although the network offers the Lifeline Service, it is not available to everyone. The program was initiated to support low-income households so that everyone can access quality telecommunication services in spite of the great divide. In order to qualify for the program, one has to fulfill certain criteria that differ from state to state. However, the overarching conditions are tied to the annual income of a household and other public assistance programs.
If you are enrolled in one of the following public services, then you can qualify for the Lifeline Service:
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit Program
- SSI (Supplemental Security Income)
- SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program)
- TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families)
- Tribal TANF
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
How to apply for Assurance Wireless Lifeline Service?
Before you can activate an Assurance Wireless SIM card, you have to first apply to the Lifeline program to qualify. The process is fairly simple. However, keep in mind to prepare the proper documents beforehand. Here’s how you can apply for the service:
- First, visit the official Assurance Wireless website to learn whether you are eligible for an application or not.
- Then, make sure the Lifeline service is available in your state. For this, you need to check the What State Do You Live In section of the website.
- Now, start the application process by clicking on the Apply Now button, which you will find under the See If You Qualify Today section.
- Then, you have to enter your ZIP code. This will redirect you to the Lifeline program available in your state.
- Now, check the plans offered by the network carrier. If you are satisfied with the data, calling, and texting services offered, click on Apply.
- You will find the online application form. Fill in your details, such as:
- Your Full name
- Social Security Number
- After that, attach the supporting documents, such as your driver’s license, passport, etc.
- Finally, submit your application.
You will either qualify for the service and receive the free handset and SIM within 2 to 3 working days or you will be notified otherwise. In such cases, you can either reapply or choose a payment plan if you want to continue with T-Mobile. But, after you get the SIM card, you need to activate it.
Activating Assurance Wireless SIM card:
Finally, before activating the Assurance Wireless SIM card, there are a few things one should note, such as:
- Make sure to back up your data, contacts, texts, photos, etc. if you are thinking of updating your device, or using a replacement mobile phone to activate the SIM card.
- Note down your Assurance Account PIN
- The IMEI of your device
After that, you can activate your SIM. However, there are two scenarios for this. First, you are activating the SIM on the new device you got for free under the Lifeline service, or you want to use the SIM on an older or different phone. Both of these scenarios are covered below:
A. Using the device provided by Assurance Wireless
First, let us learn how to activate an Assurance Wireless SIM card with the device you get upon subscribing.
Method 1. Calling customer care
There are two methods: online activation and offline activation. We will try activating the SIM by calling Assurance Customer Care. Here’s how:
- First, turn the device off and remove the SIM slot or the back cover.
- Now, place the Assurance SIM card in the slot correctly.
- Then, switch on the device and wait for the network signal.
- After that, call customer care. Dial 611 or 1-888-321-5880.
- Follow the instructions and verify yourself with the customer care executive.
- The network carrier will authenticate your SIM, and your services will begin within an hour or two.
Method 2. Activating SIM card online
You can also activate your SIM card online by visiting the official Assurance Wireless website.
- First, visit the Assurance Wireless website and log in to your account.
- You will need your SIM card number/phone number, and PIN. You can find the PIN on the letter that came with the package or by calling 611 from the device.
- Then, go to the My Phone section.
- Now, click on Swap or Update Phone and enter the IMEI of the device you received.
- Then, click on SIM and select SIM that came with my new phone option.
- After that, click on Submit. You will not see the details of your SIM card and device. If everything is alright, click on Activate.
B. Using a Replacement device
If you do not want to use the device that came with the Assurance Wireless program, you can remove the SIM and use it on your older or replacement smartphone. Here’s how:
- First, remove the SIM from the new device.
- Turn off the replacement device and remove the SIM slot.
- Place the SIM card and insert the slot.
- Switch on the device.
- Wait for the signal and call customer service for further assistance.
The General Steps for the Assurance SIM Activation Process
|Step 1: Verify Compatibility||Make sure your phone is compatible with Assurance Wireless service||Not all mobile devices are compatible with every network|
|Step 2: Insert SIM Card||Follow device instructions for SIM card insertion||The SIM card slot location varies depending on the device model|
|Step 3: Power On Device||Turn on your device after inserting the SIM card||–|
|Step 4: Contact Assurance Wireless||Reach out to Assurance Wireless customer support to activate the SIM card||You may need to provide the SIM card number and other account info|
|Step 5: Follow Instructions||Follow the activation instructions provided by the customer support||Activation processes may vary based on location and specific service plans|