Curious about the SIM card activation process for Cricket Wireless? No wonder, since it is an AT&T subsidiary specializing in wireless services offered to United States customers. They announced the shutdown of their 3G services as late as February 2022, which cut off access in rural areas. However, the mobile provider excels at 4G and 5G networks across the country, the latter since November 2021. Regardless if you’re interested in topping up, signing up for recurring plans, or using BridgePay to separate payments monthly, you need to activate the service to use it. That’s precisely where we come in to show you how to activate a Cricket SIM card.
1. Use an online form to activate a Cricket SIM card
The primary way of activating SIM cards Cricket Wireless provided is using the form on the official website. Therefore, after the SIM arrives at your doorstep, whether it’s new or a port, with your device or one from Cricket, do this:
Starting SIM card activation
Visit the Cricket Activate Your Device page to start. Now:
- We’ll assume you already chose a plan and have a device, so click on Get Started under “Service Purchased”.
- Otherwise, pick the I have a device or I need a device and a plan buttons. In both cases, you’ll get to pick available prepaid cell phones, a suitable user plan, or both.
- You’ll now be at Step 1/4, which requires you to pick the device type: Android, Apple iPhone or iPad, or Both, in case you picked multiple lines on the same account. You will now get instructions to insert a SIM and where the SIM on iPhone is, and how inserting works.
- Click the I’m Ready button when the SIM card is inside and the device is turned on.
- On Step 2/4, “Purchase Location” you have to answer whether you bought the SIM directly or from a retailer or reseller.
- Cricket will now notify you that if you also purchased a device in the store, the clerk must activate the device and the SIM there. Since you wouldn’t have stumbled upon our guide if so, we’ll assume you bought it online. The carrier also adds that if you ordered the SIM and/or device via call, you must continue the process by calling Customer Support, as described in method 2.
- Once you picked the correct mode of purchase, click the Continue button.
Selecting customer type and activating a Cricket SIM card
On Step 3/4, you must select whether you’re joining or have had an account. Thus:
- Choose between New Customer or Existing Customer. Click Continue to proceed.
- The final stretch, Step 4/4, only requires you to provide:
- Order Number — Enter the 16-digit number you got on the website after making an order, or had emailed to you.
- Cricket Phone Number — Type the 10-digit phone number you purchased. In case you bought multiple lines simultaneously, you can enter any—they will be activated concurrently.
- Click the Activate button at the bottom. Since the device is enabled and the SIM is inside, the activation should finish in seconds.
2. Contact Cricket Customer Support
As mentioned, calling is sometimes mandatory to conclude the entire procedure. Additionally, things may go wrong at some point, and the process could fail. Whatever the case may be, you can always reach out to the Customer Care team for Cricket Wireless in these ways:
- Swing by — Use the Cricket Store Locator feature to find the nearest store
- Calling — Dial 611 or 1-800-CRICKET (274-2538) from a Cricket or any other phone. Service is available Monday to Saturday from 9 AM to 9 PM Eastern Time (ET) and Sunday between 10 AM and 9 PM
- Live chat — Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Chat under “About us”
- Social media — Send them a message on Facebook and Instagram (@cricketwireless), Twitter (@Cricketnation)