Curious about the Digicel SIM card activation procedure? That’s unsurprising, since Digicel Group is a SIM card provider operating in over 30 markets in Central America and the Caribbean, and has over two decades of experience. Therefore, thousands upon thousands of users were interested in starting to use their services over the years, and in several regions. Luckily, the provider has kept the process nearly identical across its worldwide operation, making it easier to find resources for travelers or users that only speak English. Further, the carrier has done its best to make the whole thing as straightforward as possible. With that, let’s dig into how to activate a Digicel SIM card.
Note. We cannot cover all 30+ countries Digicel has a presence in. Luckily, we don’t have to since the procedures are similar—only numbers or details change and many are identical. Digicel has separate official websites for each country with detailed instructions. We did our best to cover available options.
1. How to start using Digicel’s SIM in Jamaica
Digicel Group started in Jamaica back in 2001 and spread to the Caribbean in the following years, as mentioned. To this day, Jamaica remains one of the primary markets for this mobile network provider. Consequently, they did their best to ensure the activation of their SIM cards is effortless. After registering with the provider at one of the retail stores in Jamaica and inserting your SIM card into your device, you must enter the PIN and PUK number. They are located on the back of your SIM card, behind a silver foil you must scratch off. Upon entering the home screen, dial *122# to activate your Digicel Jamaica SIM card. You’ll receive a “Your account is active” notification on the screen if successful.
Upon failed activation, Digicel lets you contact them in Jamaica in these ways:
- Submit a request on the Digicel Jamaica website. Fill in your e-mail address and phone number, describe your troubles, and add a screenshot or an image that demonstrates the problem. Click Submit and wait for an email response.
- Click the 24/7 Live Chat icon, Ruby, in the bottom right corner of the official website. Inquire about your problems. A live agent will step in if the AI cannot solve your problems.
- Utilize the Store Locator feature on the official website and visit the nearest store. You can also visit the main location, The Digicel Building at 14 Ocean Boulevard, Kingston, Jamaica.
- Send a social media message to @DigicelJamaica on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
- Use the MyDigicel mobile app. Enter your mobile phone, type the verification code that arrives shortly, and you can access the home screen. Tap on a plan or bundle then select Activate Bundle.
2. Activate the Digicel SIM card in Papua New Guinea
Digicel has a prominent presence in Papua New Guinea and offers prepaid SIM cards you can top up at will. Furthermore, Digicel Papua New Guinea provides easy activation of SIM cards by dialing 555 after you insert the SIM card and turn the device on. The service will be activated shortly. If that doesn’t happen, as long as you registered your identity, Digicel offers 3 other methods of activating their SIM card:
- Emailing [email protected] with your details and an activation request.
- Visiting the DigicelPNG Facebook page and sending a message from 8 AM to 9 PM daily.
- Using the Digicel Store Finder feature on the website. Go to any of the over 80 locations in Papua New Guinea to register and activate your SIM.
3. Activating SIMs from Digicel Granada
Digicel has had a presence in Granada since 2003 and is the main competitor to Flow. Although they arrived in 2001, Digicel only began to become a worthy competitor to Flow’s monopoly in 2003. People were activating SIM cards for over two decades, and the procedure is as easy as the one above. Activation a of Digicel Grenada SIM card only requires you to insert the SIM card, boot the device, dial the prepaid data plan at *140#, and follow on-screen instructions to choose one of the packages. Moreover, you can get in touch with Digicel Granada in these ways:
- Dial one of the following numbers:
- 1 473 423 4545 or 100 from a secondary Digicel Granda phone number.
- 1 473 423 4500 from a non-Digicel mobile phone number or landline. Both lines are open from 9 AM to 5 PM.
- 1 876 619 5000 for corporate users that need to activate SIM cards. Open from 9 AM to 8 PM.
- Email Digicel Grenada at [email protected].
- Find Digicel Grenada at @DigicelGrenada on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
4. Digicel Curacao SIM card activation procedure
Digicel CW or Curaçao Digicel provider is a well-known option in the Dutch country. Similar to the two examples above, you can dial an adequate USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) code on the SIM card package to activate a prepaid or postpaid plan. These change occasionally and depend on the plan. Additionally, you can head to the official website, select a plan, and select activate on MyDigicel. After logging in with a phone number, e-mail address, or username, you can activate an online plan. If that doesn’t work, you can reach out to Digicel in Curaçao if you:
- Use the 24/7 Live Chat in the bottom right corner of the website.
- Use the Store Locator feature to find the nearest outlet location.
- Call Digicel by dialing 145 from another Digicel phone number or +5999 736 1056 from another number or landline. They are available from 8 AM to 8 PM.
- Email Digicel in Curaçao at [email protected].
- Find them on social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube (@DigicelCuracao).
5. How do Digicel Fiji users activate their SIM card?
Users of a Digicel SIM card in Fiji can dial 122 after they insert their SIM card and enter their PIN and PUK numbers when prompted. Unlike Jamaica, Digicel Fiji has both textual and audio prompts that confirm your SIM card is activated on the network. Like others, you can contact Digicel in Fiji via:
- Social media — @DigicelFiji on Facebook and Instagram and @DigicelFiji1 on Twitter.
- Email — [email protected].
- Phone — 123 from another Digicel Fiji phone, +679 700 ROAM (7626) internationally, and +679 700 3123 from a landline.