So you just bought an Etisalat SIM card an looking forward to activating it. They provide great service in the Middle East, a couple of other Asian countries as well as in Africa. If you bought one, you don’t have to worry that you went for the wrong one. After purchasing a SIM card, you can’t simply start using it. You should activate it in order to start enjoying the voice and internet benefits. It is the same for Etisalat SIM cards as well. In order to start using Etisalat on your mobile devices, you should activate the SIM. Here is how.
How to Activate Etisalat eSIM
Etisalat provides eSIM service to the customers. Unlike physical SIM cards, you do not need to manually insert the SIM card into your device. You can simply activate it. These are the steps to activate an Etisalat eSIM card on your devices.
1. Get the QR Code
Before you can activate the SIM card, you need a QR code, here is how to get it.
- Visit the nearest Etisalat outlet that provides eSIM services.
- Register the eSIM service on your phone (they will help you with it.)
- You need a QR code to activate the Etisalat SIM card.
- Registering for a new phone number: You can get the QR code from the provider if you are registering for a new phone number.
- Already have a phone number: The QR code can be generated using the My Etisalat UAE app.
- Now, you have to scan the generated QR code from the device that you want to activate it on. Jump to the next section to know how to activate your SIM card on your device. Steps may vary in different models of smartphones and brands.
Every time you want to switch your phone, you will have to generate a new QR code. For security purposes, you won’t be able to use the same QR codes.
2. Activating the Etisalat eSIM on your Phone
As soon as you generated a QR code, you are ready to activate your SIM card. There will be two scenarios. Either you already have a number and want to switch to the Etisalat eSIM service, or you are registering a new number. Follow the steps under the appropriate scenario.
If you already have a Phone Number
Those who already own a phone number (physical SIM) from Etisalat and want to switch to Etisalat eSIM can follow these steps to activate their Etisalat SIM card.
- Insert the SIM card you already have into your phone.
- Visit the nearest Etisalat outlet.
- Download and login to the My Etisalat UAE app. You can download it at the link provided in the previous section.
- Select the option to Activate your eSIM.
- In the next step, tap on Activate eSIM. As soon as you do that, your physical SIM card will be deactivated and a QR code will be displayed.
- You can use this QR code to activate your SIM card following the steps in the following sections based on your device type.
Activate the Etisalat eSIM on your iPhone
As you already have a QR code, to activate the Etisalat eSIM service on your iPhone, just follow these steps.
It will only work on iOS 12.1 and above on your iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, or iPhone XR devices.
- Go to your iPhone’s Settings.
- Then choose Cellular.
- Select Add Cellular Plan
- Simply scan the QR code.
Activate Etisalat eSIM on Samsung
If you are using a Samsung device to activate the Etisalat eSIM service, follow these steps instead.
- Go to the Settings of your Samsung device.
- Choose SIM Card Manager.
- Now select eSIM.
- Then Add Mobile Plan.
- Scan the QR code to activate the service.
Activate Etisalat eSIM on Apple Watch
The Apple watch users can follow the below steps in order to activate the eSIM service of Etisalat.
It will only work on iPhone 6 and above models. You should also check the eligibility by sending SMS “eSim” to 1012 or by calling 101.
- After checking your eligibility, pair your Apple Watch with your iPhone.
- Log in to your Etisalat account username and password.
- If asked, agree to the terms and conditions and choose the appropriate Etisalat plan.
- Confirm your subscription. They will send you a message approving your eSIM request verification SMS.
- That’s it, you successfully activated the Etisalat eSIM card on your Apple Watch.
If you are registering for a new Phone Number
If you do not already have a phone number and going to use Etisalat for the first time, you do not have to follow the section where we mentioned deactivating your old SIM card and switching to the eSIM service. Instead, you can directly activate the service using the QR code provided by the Etisalat retailer.
How to Activate Etisalat Multi SIM
Etisalat provides a Multi SIM service that allows you to make phone calls and browse the internet from multiple devices using the same phone number and service. You do not have to purchase separate SIM cards in order to enjoy voice and data on multiple devices. To activate the Etisalat Multi SIM card, all you have to do is dialing *105#. It will activate the current device profile for receiving both calls and SMS.