Activating a Ufone SIM card is an easy feat, which will become apparent shortly. This Pakistani mobile network service provider is renowned for the coverage of its 3G and 4G networks. Moreover, they are well-known for pleasing customers, such as offering both prepaid and postpaid SIM payment models. More importantly, they offer plans for sporadic users and heavy-duty customers alike. Not only is the recharge quite simple to perform, but there are always low-cost plans and bundles, especially mobile data related, you can activate in seconds via a USSD code. However, to do anything, you must first learn how to activate a Ufone SIM card. Let’s dig in.
1. Activate a Ufone SIM card as a new user
A great thing about picking this mobile network provider as your carrier is the convenience of using their services. Unlike many others, Ufone neither requires extensive identity verification nor setting up an account on its website or the My Ufone mobile app. Instead, the SIM card Ufone provides is preactivated. However, depending on the type, you must activate your first payment plan like this:
Whether you ordered a SIM online or bought it from a store, you had to pick a payment plan. Since you already charged your balance (in person or online), after inserting the SIM card into your phone, dial the corresponding USSD code. For instance, dial the following USSD codes for these plans:
- New SIM Offer and Classic Offer: Dial *1000#
- Super Card Offer: Call *900#
- Super Card Max: Dial *629#
Acquiring a SIM card works identically to prepaid SIM cards. However, you have one advantage—the plan you chose is applied from the get-go. After all, you had to pay a security deposit when you signed up. This also applies to users who convert from prepaid to postpaid SIM. That means you can begin using Ufone services as soon as you insert their SIM card. In rare cases that doesn’t happen, use method 3 to resolve the problem.
2. Ufone SIM card activation for a returning prepaid user
Although Ufone had similar offers for several years, they became apparent online starting in late 2014. The carrier is determined to make all their users happy, even if they have stopped using their SIM card and their service was terminated. This is in opposition to what mobile network providers do. In those cases, your SIM card is permanently disabled after a set period of inactivity, say, 90 days. Furthermore, though the offer initially didn’t have an official name, it was titled ‘SIM Lagao Offer’ in recent years. Now, let’s show you what to do:
Ufone SIM Lagao Offer
Before we start, it’s important to note the benefits and duration change occasionally—it’s Ufone’s goodwill they even exist. We’ll demonstrate the gist of it, however. Here’s how activating a Ufone SIM card via the SIM Lagao Offer works:
- Insert your old prepaid Ufone SIM card.
- Boot the phone to the home screen.
- Dial 5000 or *5000# and wait for the USSD code to load. One of two things will happen:
- Successful activation: You’ll be notified of the benefits. For reference, in early 2022, those are 6000 minutes, 6000 SMSes, and 6000 MB of mobile data.
- Error: Ufone detected you’ve used your SIM card in the past 30 days. This activity shouldn’t affect the timer, so repeat this the next day. Alternatively, get a new SIM card.
- You can now start using your Ufone SIM card.
We suggest you check the fine print of the offer details on Ufone’s official website. Perks eligibility varies in duration, typically between 15 and 60 days. Alternatively, use the method below to get in touch with their Customer Care team.
3. Contact Ufone Customer Support
Ran into issues or got additional questions before you start spending calls, texts, and data? Not an issue. You can reach out to Ufone Customer Service in the following ways:
- Webchat: Visit the Ufone official website and click on the U-Online Chat ! floating speech bubble in the bottom right corner. Sign in to your Ufone account, register a new one, or use the “Guest Account” option.
- Calling: Ufone’s Call Center is available 24/7. You merely have to dial 333 via UfonePostpay or 033-11-333-100 from a landline.
- E-mail: Send a message to [email protected].
- In-person visit: Visit one of their Sales & Service Centers. Main ones are in Rawalpindi, Saddar, Gulberg, Lahore, and Haidery, Karachi.
- Social media. Send a direct message on Facebook and Twitter (@ufone) or Instagram (@ufone_official).