Activating a Wing Alpha SIM card is a quick and straightforward process. That’s because their business model is focused on wireless embedded SIM or virtual SIM cards. That means that, while switching from a different carrier, you may become a new user without porting or even removing the SIM. Also, you can skip the hassle of explaining the decision and signing out. Further, this carrier has superb Customer Support and agents that can perform activation remotely with minimal work on your end. Since the entire thing is done without outlets, you must have a form of online payment and ID at hand. With that, here’s how to activate a Wing SIM card.
1. Activate a new Wing SIM card
After you have chosen an appropriate SIM plan, 4G or 5G, Wing Alpha will help you activate your SIM card in these ways:
Physical SIM cards
Regardless of the SIM card you chose, if you picked a physical SIM card, Wing Alpha will send you an activation kit to the address you provided. After it arrives, you need to:
- Visit the Wing Alpha website and click the floating chat icon in the bottom right corner.
- Under “Hey there! How can we help you today?” select I’ve received my SIM cards and I’d like to get activated!
- After a Wing user agent comes online, they will guide you through the entire procedure in up to 10 minutes. Keep the activation close handy—you’ll need it.
Note. This is the fastest and intended method. However, you can also employ procedures from method 3 below.
Embedded SIM card
If you opted for an embedded SIM or e-SIM, Wing Alpha does not send you an activation kit for obvious reasons. Instead, you will receive a QR code via e-mail or through live chat after you finish the activation. The procedure is standards after that, depending on the platform:
Activating Wing eSIM on Android
The procedure for starting to use a Wing embedded SIM card on Android looks like this:
- Download any QR code reader app from Google Play Store. Your camera app can also read QR codes on newer Android versions.
- Point the camera at the QR code Wing provided.
- You’ll see a notification stating, “Cell Plan Detected!”
- Tap on Continue.
- Select Add a cell plan.
- You will be prompted for the activation code Wing sent alongside a QR code. Enter it and the eSIM profile will be added and become active shortly.
Enable Wing SIM cards on an iPhone or iPad
The process is similar on Apple devices, and involves two options:
- Enter the information manually — Go to Settings. Now:
- Select Mobile Data or Cellular, depending on the iOS version.
- Choose Add Cellular Plan.
- Select Enter Details Manually.
- Enter the “SM-DP+ Address”, “Activation Code”, and “Confirmation Code” details Wing has provided.
- Use the QR code — Open your iPad/iPhone camera and scan the QR code.
- You’ll see a “Cellular Plan Detected” notification.
- Select Continue then Add Cellular Plan.
- Enter the activation code Wing has given you.
2. Switching from another carrier’s SIM card to Wing Alpha
Wing Alpha makes it easy to port your number without downtime, without losing personal data, swapping SIM cards, or even getting in touch with your old carrier. After selecting this option (after clicking Join Wing Today → Who is your current carrier? on the home page and filling out the subscriber sheet), you can now do the following:
- Head to the Switch to Wing Alpha page.
- Prepare the items mentioned on the page: credit card, Wing SIM card, your ID, and a device. As mentioned, do not insert the SIM card or download an eSIM profile.
- Click on Start Activation.
- Fill out your first and last name and e-mail. Enter and reenter your password and click on Next. If you already made a Wing account, sign in at the top.
- You will now wait for the Wing agent to come online, and like in method 1, after roughly 10 minutes of instructions and providing personal information, get the SIM card activated.
3. Contact Wing Alpha Customer Service
We featured their 24/7 Live Chat feature prominently so far. However, the truth is that not everyone is comfortable or savvy to do so. Therefore, you can get in touch with Wing in these ways, too:
- Social media — Wing is available on Facebook (WingTel), Instagram (wingtel), and Twitter (WingTel_).
- Filling out a contact form — Visit the Submit a request to Wing page and fill out the details such as email address, full name, subject, and description before selecting Plans & Billing or Troubleshooting under “Topics” and clicking Submit.
- Call Wing — They have 3 distinct phone numbers:
- (347) 688-8996 — For users that are ready to activate
- (347) 565-5947 — For new customers
- (818) 722-1441 — General support and troubleshooting line