Airdrop for Mac users is an excellent service to transfer and receive files of large size. You can share the photos, videos, contacts and any files to iPhone, iPad, or any other Mac device using this application. The coolest way to transfer the files is as you can transfer a 2GB large file within minutes.
While there are many other ways to transfer files from device to device, the primary limitation we have in other methods is the Wi-Fi connection or any other internet connection.
A SIM Card is the one that helps your phone connect to the internet. This enables the applications and the web browsers to be used. However, transferring files without an internet connection is still possible for iPhone users. And that is through AirDrop. This article will help you understand the method of Airdrop without a SIM card.
We should understand how Airdrop works. As it will help you gain insight on transferring files without a SIM card.
Airdrop uses Bluetooth technology to transfer files. So, the use of Wi-fi or any internet connection is avoided. As such, there might be many situations while you will not have an internet connection. In such cases, you can still Airdrop.
At the same time, a SIM card is a microchip that uses the network service provider’s tower signals to establish the connection; be it the calls, text messages or even the internet connection. But, if the cellphone does not have a SIM card or if the SIM card fails to pick up network signals or if the SIM card is dysfunctional, you can still access Airdrop for file transfer services.
How to Transfer Files to Mac Devices using Airdrop?
One must also understand that Airdrop is available only for Mac users. That means to say, you can send and receive files from any Mac device. Let us see the procedure to transfer files using Airdrop.
Let us take an example of sharing photos to another iPhone without using Airdrop
- Click on Photos on your iPhone
- Click on Select and choose the photos that you would like to transfer
- Click on the Share icon that is present at the left bottom of the screen
- As you do this, you will see the list of Apple devices that is available near your phone
- Click on the device you wish to share the photos
- As you do this, you will find the receiving phone getting a notification ‘Accept’ or ‘Decline’
- As you click on ‘Accept’ the files are transferred instantly
The photos shall be saved in the Photo folder on the iPhone.
To share the photos through Airdrop
- Turn on Airdrop on your phone
- If the receiving phone number is in your contact list, you can select the option Airdrop to Contacts only.
- Else, you can also click on ‘Everyone’
- As usual, the receiving phone shall receive the notification to accept or to decline
- Click on Accept to accept the files to be transferred
You can receive the files through this method without the use of the cellphone network or even the internet connection. This happens through Bluetooth, and now you can send and receive files from any Apple device through this method. However, the distance of the devices matters a lot here. As it functions through Bluetooth, the devices have to be close enough to have the files transferred without any interruption. Alternatively, you can also block the Airdrop service if your phone is majorly accessed by your kids as well. This will avoid unnecessary transfer of files to any Mac devices.