Vodafone India acquired Idea Cellular and became Vi on March 20, 2017. Vi stands for Vodafone Idea. For customers of both the earlier networks, Vodafone India and Idea Cellular, nothing has changed much. The customers continue to use their existing SIM cards and phone numbers after the amalgamation without any disruption. The new company launched new tools, facilities, and features for their users to use the network more conveniently. If you are a Vi customer, you can very easily check your account balance. When we talk about balance, they’re mainly of 3 types. First is your main balance and validity, second is your data balance and third is the balance related to your active plans and packages.
There are majorly 4 ways to check your Vi balance.
- Through USSD codes
- Through Vi app
- By subscribing to Vi WhatsApp chat service
- On the company’s official website
- Through flash messages
Check Balance via USSD codes
Checking balance and validity through USSD codes is the oldest and the most convenient method. You don’t need an internet connection or even a smartphone to use USSD codes. They are also commonly known by the name “star codes”.
Vi offers a host of USSD codes to check your prepaid balance. Following are some important USSD codes:
- *199*2*1# – This code is used to check the main balance of your Vi number. This same code also gives you complete details about all your balances and validity.
- *121# – This code also gives information about your main balance.
Apart from the main balance, here are some more codes to get different information:
- *199*2*2# – To check internet balance
- *199*1*3# – To check internet offers on 2G/3G/4G data packs.
- *199*1*6# – To know about Chhota Credit, which is a small loan service to your prepaid number. It helps you to get a loan of Rs 10 in case of emergency, especially when your main balance is nil.
- *199*1*7# – To know about several “Recharge Offers”.
- *199*1*8# – To get information about Voice, SMS and Roaming Offers.
- *199*3*1# – To activate Vodafone VAS (Value Added Services) services.
- *199*3*2# – To deactivate Vodafone VAS service.
- *199*4# – To get several kinds of Vi apps.
- *199*2*3# – To get the last 3 calls & SMS details.
- *199*2*4# – To know about the last 3 VAS deductions.
- *199*3*5# – To get an emergency talktime credit loan.
- *199*3*3# – To activate or change caller tune.
- *199*5*2# – To know about the unlimited recharge pack offers.
- *199*5*3# – To get information about combo recharge offers. Combo recharge offers are a mix of internet data pack plus talktime and SMS bundle.
- *199*5*4# – To get information about data recharge offers.
- *199*5*5# – To get details about international roaming recharge offers.
- *199*5*6# – To get details of SMS recharge offers.
Check Balance and Validity Through Vi App
- First, you need to download the Vi app either from Google Play Store (for android devices) or Apple App Store (for Apple devices).
- Then login to your account via your Vi number.
- Once you get logged in, you can see your remaining data balance, talktime and other relevant information on the homescreen.
To check what active packs and services you have, tap on the Main Menu > Active Packs and Services. You can also check your weekend data rollover balance in the same section.
Check Vi Balance and Validity through Vi WhatsApp Chat Service
This is a new service started by the company. Using this service, you can see your account details via Vi WhatsApp chat. Follow these easy steps to get Vi account updates on your WhatsApp:
- Go to the official website of Vi India.
- Enter your Vi number on the registration portal and then subscribe to Vi’s WhatsApp chat.
- Once you enter your phone number, you’ll receive an OTP for verification of your phone number.
- After you get registered, you’ll start receiving updates on your Vi account, best offers, and more on your WhatsApp.
Check Balance on the Official Website of the Company
To know your balance and validity online, here are the steps:
- Visit Vi’s official website: https://www.myvi.in/ and then click on the “Sign In” option in the top right corner of the home page.
- Next step is to enter your Vi mobile number to receive an OTP on your mobile phone.
- Fill this OTP to log in to your Vi account. Now, you can check your main balance, internet data balance and your daily data limit.
Check Vi Balance Through Flash Messages
Vi gives you exact information about your Vi prepaid balance, validity, and SMS balance in some other ways too. To know about your plan validity details, you just need to make a call to someone. When you disconnect the call, you will get a notification or flash message showing the main balance and pack validity. Likewise, for SMS, you need to send a message to someone and just after that a flash message will appear on your phone screen automatically showing you the SMS balance along with its validity.
Checking the balance on your Vi number is a fairly easy task. Before the era of smartphones, the only way to check several types of balances was to use USSD codes. But now time has changed as the internet and smartphones are ubiquitous. Users can now have access to their balance information via the Vi app, Vi’s official website, and Vi WhatsApp Chat as well.
In the future, the telecom giant is going to introduce some more features for its users. It has already launched Wi-Fi calling in Delhi and some other regions. Also, on your Vi app now you can manage multiple profiles on a single account.