Looking for an easy way to find your SIM card phone number? Great! We’ll present you not with one, but 10 ways to do so. We don’t blame you for forgetting it sometimes – we do too. It’s to be expected, even – you typically send messages or call others, not yourself. Plus, with a plethora of messaging apps that work over the Internet, it makes sense to use them over your, presumably limited, payment plan. But if you need to give your phone number as an emergency contact, set up two-factor authentication, or as part of a business card, you’ll need it quickly. Here’s how to check SIM card phone number.
1. Check your Phonebook/Contacts/People app
Now, this won’t always work. It depends on your smartphone model, operating system, and version of said system. Open the application you use to save contacts (it can have names listed above), and look for a contact named Me, My Number, My Card, My Info, or Your Name (your actual name, used when you signed up for a payment plan or activated the SIM card). The number will be listed in the contact details.
2. Check the SIM card packaging
Find the full-size SIM card or mini-SIM card you received when you first bought the SIM card. To clarify, we’re referring to the big plastic card that you punched out a micro-SIM or nano-SIM card out of. The phone number will likely be printed on it. If it’s not visible right off the bat, it might be hidden underneath a silver foil you need to scratch off, much like when you uncovered PIN or PUK codes.
3. Open the Settings app
Here are two ways to see the SIM card phone number via Settings, depending on the operating system:
Here’s an easy way to display your phone number in Android 10 and 11:
- Tap on Settings.
- Scroll down to find System.
- Tap on About phone.
- Tap on Status.
- Select My phone number from the list.
- You can now see your phone number.
On older versions of Android, the steps are very similar. The only difference is that you can select About phone from the Settings menu directly, or it might be called About device.
Follow these steps to find your phone number in iOS 13 and 14:
- Tap on Settings.
- Select Phone.
- Your phone number will be at the top, listed under My Number.
4. Call or text someone
This might be convenient for you – simply call or send an SMS/MMS to a friend, significant other, or family member, and your number will be listed on-screen or under the contact they saved on their phone. You can also use apps such as WhatsApp, Messenger, or Viber – that person can read and tell you your phone number since you used it to register an account.
5. Install a third-party app
6. Enter a special code
Some carriers have a unique help code you can use for free. Since we can’t cover every one of them, here are a few carrier codes we’ve discovered:
- #NUM# or (#686#) for T-mobile
- *#1001 for Vodafone
- #150# for Telstra
- Word number texted to 150 for EE
- Word NUMBER texted to 2020 for O2
You can search for them online, using your carrier name in combination with the words “phone codes”. Alternatively, you can simply call their customer support helpline and get an answer from a representative.
7. Find a bill, contract, or a message from the provider
This is convenient – you usually receive such bills every month anyway. Plus, if you already followed method 2 above, the contract or the bill will be nearby anyway. Speaking of messages, we’re referring to those pesky SMS notifications that are usually often ads. They can sometimes contain your phone number and are easy to check.
8. Log in to an online account
We’ve already discussed activating a Verizon SIM card. Well, plenty of carriers (likely yours, too) have shifted to these methods of using a smartphone app or visiting their website. In fact, there’s a strong chance that your carrier hasn’t assigned a phone number to your SIM card yet. They do so only after you complete the activation process to prevent “dead” numbers, especially if you’re using a prepaid SIM card or a pay as you go SIM card.
9. Use Windows and macOS apps
You can find the phone number on macOS and Windows by following the steps below.
If you set up your Apple ID with iMessage or FaceTime, there’s an easy way to see your phone number in macOS Big Sur:
- Click on the Launchpad icon, then select Messages.
- Sign in with Apple ID if you haven’t.
- In the upper left corner, next to the Apple icon, click Messages then select Preferences.
You can also press Command+comma (Command +,) to launch Preferences right away.
- In the iMessage tab, check the phone number listed under You can be reached for messages at:
The process is identical if you’re using FaceTime for macOS. Select the FaceTime app instead of Messages.
This is also useful if your phone screen is broken or malfunctioning. You must have linked the phone in the past. Here’s a quick guide display your Android or iPhone phone number on Windows:
- Connect your phone via Bluetooth or USB and make sure you’re signed in to your Microsoft account.
- Click on the Start orb in the bottom left corner.
You can also press the Windows key on your keyboard.
- Type ‘your phone’ and select Your Phone or Link your phone, depending on what’s available.
- To see your phone number, you can:
- Click on the name of your phone in the top left corner.
- Look through Settings.
- Use method 1 from the app.
- Use method 4.
- Click on the Phone screen option and use methods 3 or 6.
10. Swing by a carrier store
If you’re not tech-savvy, visiting a physical store can’t fail. The representative will either use one of the methods we listed, or tools available to him or her and tell you the phone number.