Reliance Jio is the largest and the most popular telecom company in India since its inception in 2016. The company is still gaining customers at a rapid pace due to its affordable bundle rates and good network coverage across the country. If you are a Jio customer and want to figure out what your SIM PUK code is, this article is perfect for you. You will learn all the methods to find your Jio PUK code, how it works, and what its uses are.
What is a PUK Code?
PUK stands for Personal Unlocking Key. It is a form of safety measure provided by every telecom company to prohibit any sort of unauthorized access to your SIM card. A PUK code is 8-digit long, and it is provided by your service provider. The number is tied to the SIM card and has no relation to a PUK you might see mentioned on a mobile phone. If you wrongly enter this code 10 times in a row, your SIM card will be permanently blocked. You will then be left with no other option but to get a replacement.
Use of PUK Code
Your SIM card provides a SIM PIN (Personal Identification Number) to protect your SIM card from unauthorized access. This PIN usually has 4 digits and almost all operators keep the PIN as either 0000 or 1234 by default. The same is the case with Jio. You can change the PIN as many times as you want. When you enable this functionality, your device will request your SIM PIN whenever you turn on your phone. If you enter the wrong PIN 3 times in a row, your SIM card access will be thwarted, and it will unblock only after you enter your SIM card’s PUK code.
Visit Jio’s Website to Get Your SIM PUK Code
Steps to find your Jio SIM PUK on the official website of Jio are given below:
- Open the web browser on your smartphone, tablet, or computer and visit the official website of Jio.
- On the home page, enter “self-care lost login” in the search bar.
- Some options will be displayed, but select PUK Code.
- The login page will appear. Log in with your Jio mobile number and click the Proceed button.
- Complete the process with further instructions to get your Jio SIM PUK code.
Find the PUK Code in the My Jio App
Download and install My Jio mobile app either from Play Store or App Store depending on your phone’s operating system. After that, follow these instructions:
- Open the app and log in with your Jio SIM number.
- Tap the Menu option.
- Tap the Help option.
- After that, search for “PUK” in the bar.
- A link will be provided. Click on it, and it will take you to the Jio Lost SIM page.
- On the page, log in with your Jio phone number.
- Follow the further on-screen instruction to complete the process and acquire your Jio PUK code.
Get the PUK through Customer Care Team for Jio
This is an offline method, so you won’t need any internet connection or a smartphone to use it. In other words, a basic or feature phone can also do the job. Just follow the instructions below.
- Open the dialer and call 1800 889 9999 (toll-free).
- On the IVR (Interactive Voice Response), follow what the voice says to connect to a Jio customer service representative.
- When connected, ask the person to tell you your PUK number. Before stating the PUK code they will ask for some details about you for verification purposes. Examples include date of birth, full name, and your government-issued ID information.
- Once verified, your Jio PUK number will be sent to you via SMS. Alternatively, the representative will tell you the code to note it down.
Find the Jio PUK using USSD Code
This is, once again, an offline method, so there’s no need to connect to the Internet. Just make sure your Jio SIM is active and has sufficient signal strength. This method will work even with zero balance and no validity. Here’s what to do to find your PUK number through a USSD code:
- Dial *121# from your Jio SIM.
- Press the Call/Send/OK button.
- A flash message will pop up.
- Select on-screen entries until it gives you the option to send your PUK code.
- In a few seconds, your PUK number will be sent as an SMS.
Acquire PUK for Your Jio SIM Card via Email
One more way to contact the Jio customer service team to get your PUK code is to email them. Write an email requesting to obtain your Jio SIM card’s PUK code along with basic verification details on your government-issued ID. Send the email to [email protected] afterward, and you will get the code within 72 hours. The only drawback to this method is that it may take some time to come to fruition. Thus, if you need the PUK code immediately, it’s not a great choice.
A PUK code is a sensitive number and must be handled with care. Remember not to share this code with anybody, and keep it in a safe place, perhaps a few different ones. In case your phone is lost or stolen, you can contact Jio to block the SIM card. This way, nobody else apart from you can get access to your SIM card information.
You can also ask Jio for PUK, so you can enter it if and when you get your phone back. Also, remember that you can change the SIM PIN, but you can’t alter the SIM PUK. A SIM PUK can only be supplied and changed by the mobile service provider.