Ooredoo is a multinational telecom company from Qatar. The company was founded in 1987 and presently has headquarters in Doha, Qatar. It operates in many countries apart from Qatar such as Kuwait, Oman, Palestine, Myanmar, Indonesia, Algeria, Iraq, Maldives, and Tunisia. It was the first mobile operator in the world to start commercial 5G services in Qatar. Also, it is one of the largest telecom networks in the world, serving more than 115 million subscribers. Just like it provides many top-ups and plans, it also permits its customers to use multiple options to refill balance. In this article, you will get to know different methods you can use to recharge your Ooredoo Qatar SIM card. Let’s start.
1. Refill SIM Balance via Ooredoo E-Voucher/Recharge Card
Recharging your Ooredoo prepaid number through an e-Voucher is the easiest method. That’s because it is entirely offline, hence you don’t need an internet connection or smartphone to use it. Just visit a nearby Ooredoo outlet or a local partner store and fetch an Ooredoo recharge card. Afterward, follow the simple steps given below to recharge your Ooredoo prepaid number.
- Using your Ooredoo SIM card, dial *140#. A flash message will pop up.
- Type in your 6-digit mPIN.
- Reply with Ooredoo Services option number.
- Reply with either Hala Top-Up option number (to top up your main balance) or Data Recharge option number (for data recharge).
- Select the Top up your own account option number (to recharge your own Ooredoo number).
- Enter your 8-digit Ooredoo prepaid number.
- Next, it will display your mWallet balance. Enter the amount you want to recharge with, and it will be deducted from the balance of your mWallet.
- Reply with the Confirm option number.
- Wait for the confirmation SMS of your recharge.
2. Recharging using Ooredoo Qatar Mobile Application
Ooredoo Qatar is the official mobile application the carrier launched for its users in Qatar. Using this app, you can renew the balance of your Ooredoo prepaid number, pay due bills for your Ooredoo postpaid number, check your prepaid balance and postpaid bill amount, track your data usage, check your plan validity, and more. This time, we’ll focus on the instructions to recharge your Ooredoo prepaid SIM card with the app:
- Download and open the app on your smartphone.
- Log in to your Ooredoo account. If you are a first time user, create a user account.
- A dashboard will appear after logging in. Tap on the Recharge & Transfer button.
- A new page will open up, select the Hala Recharge option.
- Next, enter your Ooredoo prepaid mobile number.
- Select one of the recharge options. Tap the Recharge button at the bottom of the page.
- Select the payment mode out of the given options (Credit card, Debit Card, Secure Checkout, Easy Transfer).
- If you select the Debit Card or Credit Card option, you will need to fill out your card details like card number and the expiry date of the card.
- Press the Continue button.
- You will receive an OTP (one-time password) on your Ooredoo number as SMS for verification purposes.
- Enter the OTP and tap the Continue button.
- Enter the debit/credit card PIN (if you selected a debit card or credit card as your mode of payment) before pressing the Pay button.
- Wait for the recharge successful notification.
3. Top Up Online via the Ooredoo Website
If you don’t want to download and keep the Ooredoo Qatar app on your phone, you can recharge through the official web portal of Ooredoo Qatar. Here’s how that works:
- Visit the official website of Ooredoo Qatar.
- On the home page, click the Recharge button. You will be redirected to the next page.
- Select the mode of payment (Debit card, Credit Card, Secure Checkout, Easy Transfer).
- Enter your Qatar ID.
- Enter your Service Number.
- Fill in the Mobile Number for SMS Confirmation.
- Check the box of Terms & Conditions and click the Next button.
- Next, you will be required to fill in the details of the mode of payment you have chosen. For instance, your debit card details if you had opted to pay with debit cards.
- After that, click on the Confirm button.
- An OTP will be sent to your number. Type the OTP on the next page and click Submit.
- Wait for the recharge confirmation message.
4. Recharge through the Third-Party Websites
There are many websites and apps providing recharge services to phone numbers on nearly any network around the world. Such websites are very popular among the masses for their user-friendly interface and quick services. Ding, SEAGM, and Recharge, among others, are popular names on the market for that purpose nowadays. We will use one such website, SEAGM, to demonstrate the procedure, although we have no affiliation. With that acknowledged, recharging your Ooredoo Qatar SIM card via the SEAGM website works like this:
- Visit the official website of SEAGM.
- On the homepage, select Qatar as the recipient country.
- Enter your Ooedoo Qatar prepaid mobile number.
- Select the desired top-up amount or data bundle.
- Click the Pay Now button.
- Select the mode of payment and complete the payment procedure.
- Wait for the recharge confirmation on-screen message and SMS to your phone.
There are more ways to recharge your Ooredoo SIM card, like instant top-up at a local Ooredoo outlet and through your bank’s ATM. Always remember to check your Ooredoo Qatar balance for recharge confirmation no matter which method you utilize to recharge.