Optus is the second-largest Australian mobile operator, with a user base of more than 10.5 million subscribers as of 2019. Its full name is Singtel Optus Pty Limited and its headquarters are situated in Macquarie Park, New South Wales, Australia. Optus provides value-for-money prepaid plans, available in a huge variety. You’ll need to be aware of all methods to recharge your Optus account with these prepaid plans to pick the one most convenient to you. In this article, you will get complete information about them all. With that said, let’s look into how to recharge your Optus prepaid SIM card in great detail.
1. Recharge Optus SIM Card by Calling
Optus provides an option of recharging its prepaid mobile numbers using a calling feature even when the prepaid account balance is 0 AUD. It is a simple offline method to renew an account balance that doesn’t require an internet connection. Even the least tech-savvy person can use it. There are two calling numbers you can use for this purpose:
- Call 555 from your Optus mobile if you want to recharge using a credit card or recharge voucher. Follow the voice prompts afterward.
- Call 444 from your Optus mobile number to recharge with your credit card.
2. Recharging Via the My Optus App
My Optus app is the official mobile application developed by the company to give its users a smooth and fast experience while accessing their Optus account. Apart from the myriad other features and options it provides, you can also recharge your Optus phone number with this app by following the steps below.
- Download the My Optus app from Play Store or App Store, depending on your smart device’s operating system.
- Open the app and sign up to it using your Optus number if you are a first time user.
- After logging in, you will see a dashboard, on which there is a Recharge button. Tap the button.
- Next, select the preferred mode of payment from the given options i.e., Pay by Credit Card, Use a Retail Voucher, Pay with PayPal, or AutoRecharge.
- After that, select your desired recharge plan/top-up.
- Tap the Pay button and follow the further instructions (depending upon the mode of payment you chose).
It is important to note that if you are a first-time user, you will need to register your credit card or PayPal account in the app. Once registered, the card or account details will be saved until you send a data deletion request.
3. Renew Balance Using the Official Website of Optus
Recharging your Optus SIM card through the official website of Optus is a simple and quick method. Well, unless you want to download and keep an app installed on your phone for recharge purposes alone. You can access the Optus website from any device with an internet connection. The steps to reload via the website are as follows:
- Visit the official website of Optus.
- On the homepage, click on the Recharge Now option.
- A new page will open up. Enter the Optus mobile number you wish to recharge.
- Choose the preferred mode of payment from the given options:
- Recharge with Credit Card or Debit Card
- Recharge with PayPal
- Setup Auto Recharge
- Redeem pre-purchased Voucher or Gift Card
- Click the Next button.
- Select your preferred recharge option.
- Follow the instructions ahead related to your payment details, and you are done.
4. Refill Balance Through AutoRecharge Feature
AutoRecharge feature allows automatic recharge of your Optus prepaid plan. This feature is only available for certain plans. Once you set it up, you don’t need to worry about your plan expiry and recharge again. To use this feature, follow the steps given here.
- Visit the official website of Optus using the link above.
- Click on the Shop button in the top left-hand corner.
- Under Prepaid head, click on the Recharge button.
- Next, you will be redirected to a secure page. Fill out the Optus mobile number you want to recharge.
- Enter the recharge price.
- Select the method to set up AutoRecharge (method depends on the plan).
- You will be sent a confirmation link to your email address. Alternatively, a validation code will be sent via SMS to your Optus number.
- Click the confirmation link or enter the activation code. Your AutoRecharge setup completes.
- You can also set up this feature through the My Optus app. The steps you should take within the app are quite similar to those above.
5. Recharge Via Third-Party Websites/Apps
There are many third-party apps and websites available on the online market. Some can help you to recharge your or others’ mobile numbers from any part of the world and at any time. All you need is an internet connection, and you are good to go. One such website is Ding, which allows you to send recharge to your number or other people’s numbers from any point in the world. Any major credit/debit card you have is enough to make payments, and there are no hidden and confusing fees the website charges. Follow these instructions to recharge any Optus SIM card number using Ding.
- Visit Ding’s website.
- Enter Australia in the ‘Search Country’ bar.
- Enter the Optus mobile number you wish to recharge.
- Select the recharge amount among all given options.
- Add your contact details.
- Select the mode of payment.
- After the completion of the process, the recharge will be successful. You will receive the confirmation message on your phone number or email address.
6. Other Top Up Options
Visit a nearby Optus store to recharge your Optus prepaid with the help of a customer support executive. Alternatively, buy a voucher there using cash or other payment modes. You can also text MENU to 9999 or call 1509 and follow the voice instructions to recharge your number. No matter which recharge method you choose, always check your Optus balance for confirmation afterward.