Hutchison 3G UK Limited, commonly known by its brand name Three, is the fourth-largest telecom company in the UK. It was founded in 2003 and has headquarters in Reading, England, United Kingdom. The company serves more than 13.3 million subscribers in the UK as of July 2020. The carrier provides tons of top-up options and add-ons for its prepaid customers. To get a SIM card recharge, Three provides multiple options, which we will discuss in this article. Let’s begin to explore the different recharge methods one by one.
1. Recharge SIM Card Through Three’s Official Web Portal
You can recharge your Three SIM card by creating a My3 account on the official website of Three. It is a quick, simple, and online method to recharge your Three mobile anytime or anywhere without downloading any app. To use this, you need a voucher or debit/credit card, a laptop/PC/smartphone/tablet, and a working internet connection. Follow the simple steps given below to use this method.
- Visit the official website of Three.
- Log in to your My3 account. If you don’t have an account, then create one by clicking the Register button.
- After logging in, under the Shop tab, click on the Top Up or Data & Add-Ons option.
- If you want to top up, select the Top up with your card or voucher option.
- If you want a data plan or add-on, click Data & Add-Ons option, and select the data plan or add-on you want.
- After selecting the top-up/data plan/add-on, confirm your address.
- Enter your payment details.
- After completing the payment process, wait for the recharge confirmation text.
If you want to top up someone else’s Three prepaid number, click on the Top up another account option in the Top-up section. To register a debit or credit card, go to the Manage Cards option under the Top-up section and then click on the Add Card option.
2. Recharging Through the Three App
The Three app is the official mobile application launched by the carrier to provide its customers with features and facilities that will help them manage their Three prepaid effectively and efficiently. The app is available on the Play Store as well as the App Store. You can easily recharge your Three prepaid using the app with the following simple steps. But before that, make sure to register your debit/credit card.
- Open the Three app.
- Log in to your account.
- Tap on the Allowance option.
- Tap on the Top Up option to get a top-up, or else tap on the Add-On option to get data and add-ons.
- Select the desired top-up amount or add-on.
- Select the payment option and complete the payment procedure.
- Wait for the recharge confirmation notification.
3. Top Up Over the Phone
You can recharge your Three prepaid offline without the need of a smartphone or tablet, and that too very conveniently. Even a simple basic phone or feature phone will do the job. All you require is an active Three SIM card and good signal strength to recharge your Three number in a couple of minutes. Just dial 444 from your Three prepaid number and use the following steps for different options for recharging.
- If you want to top up using your credit or debit card, register your card first. Register the card either on My3 account online (the method is already demonstrated in the previous section). You can also call 444 → select the Top up with a card option → follow the voice prompts.
- If you seek to top up using a Three voucher, dial 444 → select top up with a voucher option on the voice instruction → enter the 16-digit voucher code.
- To top up or buy an add-on, dial 444 → select the Top-up your number and buy an Add-on option. You have the option to top up or buy your add-on either using a voucher or by credit/debit card, which you don’t need to register before you buy.
- If you wish to buy an add-on that is worth more than 35 GBP (Great Britain Pounds), card registration will be mandatory.
4. Recharge SIM Via the Three Voucher/Scratch Card
Recharging using a voucher is very convenient, especially for elderly people or not so tech-savvy folks. After all, a recharge voucher can be available at any Three stores or any shop in the UK with a green top-up logo. You can recharge through a voucher either online or offline by the following methods.
- Log in to your My3 account and follow the instructions under Top up your account section.
- Call 444 from your Three prepaid number, select the Top up by voucher option on the voice command and enter the 16-digit code of the voucher.
5. Renew Balance Using Third-Party Websites
There are many third-party websites available on the internet to recharge your Three prepaid numbers from anywhere around the world with the help of your debit or credit card. Ding, GoRecharge, Recharge, DoctorSIM, and SEAGM are a few popular ones in this regard. These websites lure customers by providing extra rewards and benefits by recharging from their portal. In this article, you will get to know about recharging through the Ding website. Here are the steps.
- Visit the official website of Ding.
- Select the United Kingdom as your country.
- Enter the desired Three prepaid number you wish to recharge. It can be yours or someone else’s.
- Select the preferred top-up amount.
- Select your preferred mode of payment i.e., debit card, credit card, or voucher.
- Enter the payment details or voucher code (depending on what you have selected in the previous step).
- After the payment process is complete, you will receive the recharge confirmation text.
There are some more ways to recharge your Three numbers as well. However, all the common methods are already examined in this article. No matter which top-up method you use, always remember to check your Three balance to make sure the recharge was successful.