Mobile Telecommunications Company (MTC), popularly known by the name Zain, is a Kuwaiti telecom company. MTC was founded in 1983 in Kuwait and later in 2007, it was rebranded as Zain. The company commercially operates in 10 countries in the Middle East and North Africa, serving more than 49.5 million subscribers as of 2019. Zain offers postpaid and prepaid (called eeZee) mobile services to its customers with different sets of tariff plans and top-ups. Likewise, it provides multiple channels through which you can recharge your Zain prepaid SIM card quickly and conveniently. Let’s discuss these methods one by one.
1. Recharge SIM Card Using Zain KW App
Zain KW app is the official mobile application provided by the company for its users to enjoy various benefits and features. Apart from recharging, you can do myriad other things like check your balance and validity, view different plans and offers and manage your Zain account. Start by downloading the app from the Play Store or the App Store, depending on your device’s operating system. Then, create your account to start using the application. Afterward, follow the simple steps given below to recharge your Zain prepaid SIM card via the app.
- Open the app and on the home screen, tap on the Pay Bill or Recharge button.
- Tap the Zain Eezee Recharge option.
- Select the Zain prepaid number you want to top up. It could be your own number or another person’s number.
- Select the desired recharge amount.
- Tap on the Buy button.
- Select your preferred mode of payment, i.e., your Debit Card or Credit Card.
- Agree to the Terms & Conditions.
- Tap the Pay Now button.
- Wait for the recharge confirmation message after the completion of the process.
Whether you use a credit card or debit card, if you are a first-time user, you will be required to enter the card details once. The application automatically remembers the details and suggests them next time.
2. Top Up Through Third-Party Websites/Apps
Many websites and apps allow you to recharge your Zain prepaid number from anywhere in the world in a few clicks. These apps and websites aren’t the official channels of the company but have the permission to provide you with balance renewal services on their platform. The internet has a plethora of such websites offering recharge services with cashback and other offers to lure their customers. Ding, Recharge, and SEAM are a few names among numerous such websites. In this section, we will discuss how to recharge your Zain prepaid using the website named Recharge.
- Visit the official website of Recharge.
- Select the Recipient Country as Kuwait.
- Click the Start Recharge button.
- On the following page, click on the Zain tab.
- Choose the tab either Phone Credit or Data.
- Select the top-up or data plan you wish to recharge by clicking the Order Now button.
- Enter the Zain prepaid number you wish to recharge and click Continue.
- Select the preferred mode of payment.
- Enter the payment details and complete the process.
- You will receive the recharge confirmation text on the Zain number you have recharged.
However, it is important to note that third-party websites don’t necessarily have all the top-ups and balance renewal plans available. It is always a better option to recharge using the official Zain website or the Zain KW app to see all the open prospects.
3. Recharging Via Official Website of Zain
It is a very common method to recharge your Zain prepaid number using the official web portal, as it is an easy and quick online method. For one, you don’t need to download any app, official or otherwise. The website can be accessed from any device compatible with the internet and with an active connection. Follow the instructions below to recharge.
- Visit the official website of Zain Kuwait.
- On the home page, click on the My Zain option.
- Next, click Quick Pay.
- Click on the Eezee Recharge option.
- Under You Like To Pay For headline, enter the Zain prepaid mobile number you wish to recharge.
- Select your desired top-up amount. If not provided on the list, type your top-up amount.
- Click Pay Now.
- Select the preferred mode of payment.
- Complete the payment procedure, entering your payment details.
- Wait for the recharge successful message.
4. Refill Balance Using Vouchers
Zain also provides offline methods to recharge your phone number balance. One of them is through a top-up voucher/recharge card. This method is suitable for those customers who have no bank account or credit card and are neither techno-savvy enough to use a computer/smartphone nor can perform recharging on their own. It is also helpful when you run out of internet data and there is no way you can get an internet connection to your location. All you need to do is to buy a scratch card from a Zain outlet or any retail/departmental store dealing in Zain top-up cards. Here’s how renewing balance using vouchers works afterward:
- Scratch the back film of the card carefully with a coin or something similar. You will see the top-up PIN.
- Dial *141*top-up PIN#.
- Wait for the recharge confirmation SMS from Zain.
5. Recharge SIM Card Through Zain Instant Top-Ups
This method is suitable for elderly people or those who can’t perform the recharge activity themselves. For such people, the following steps will provide all they need to know:
- Visit a Zain outlet or any retail/departmental store nearby that provides instant top-up service.
- Give your Zain prepaid number and the required top-up money to the attendant.
- Wait for the recharge confirmation notification on your Zain prepaid number after the recharge process is complete.
There are other possible methods to recharge your Zain prepaid number. However, we already covered the major ways to refill the balance on a Zain SIM in this article. No matter which method you choose, mentioned here or not, always remember to check your Zain prepaid balance after recharge for confirmation.