Ting Mobile is an American MVNO (mobile virtual network operator) that offers inexpensive, flexible data-oriented plans. The benefit is that the wireless carrier relies on the existing network infrastructure of T-Mobile and Verizon. Thus, you can expect similar or identical coverage at lower prices. Besides letting you bring a phone, they offer phones at a lower upfront price or monthly installations of tens of dollars. Uniquely, on top of the latest models, they offer slightly older and elderly-friendly flip and feature phones. There’s also a referral program to gain more benefits. All that is the topic of our Ting Mobile SIM review. Let’s begin.
Ting Mobile voice calls
Users can make high-quality voice calls with a Ting Mobile SIM card thanks to the access to 2G, 3G, 4G LTE, and 5G networks in the United States. Ting Mobile uses the network infrastructure of T-Mobile and Verizon in the United States, which covers nearly the entire country. Consequently, Ting can also take advantage of their roaming agreements worldwide. Thus, you’ll enjoy uninterrupted connectivity with your Ting SIM card around the globe.
Ting Mobile utilizes the Global System for Mobile Communications (GSM) technology to provide its network service with the T-Mobile network. However, surprisingly, if you own a CDMA-powered (Code-division multiple access) phone, you can still use Ting Mobile on its Verizon and DISH networks. Ting also lets users calculate the international calling and roaming rates for each country.
The quality of voice calls on a Ting Mobile network is excellent. T-Mobile is widely known as the leading 5G provider in the country, but also as the one with the biggest coverage of the US and nearby countries. Many users claim Verizon possesses those traits. Combined, users can rely on Ting to make clear, steady voice calls wherever they go. They also support Wi-Fi calling, VoLTE (Voice over LTE), and voicemails, so you won’t lack any modern features on Android or iOS devices. For any occasional problems, there’s a comprehensive Ting Mobile call problems guide, and you can reach out to their Customer Support team.
Voice plan packs
Ting Mobile does not offer voice-only packs for their SIM cards because all their plans have unlimited talking and texting. Therefore, regardless of the plan, you purchase, monthly with certain data or pay-per-use data, you will have limitless calls and texts. The cheapest option is a no-data Flex plan for $10.
Ting Mobile SIM Internet
Although there are no data-only SIMs, the Internet on plans for a Ting Mobile SIM card is its biggest selling point and a focus of our review. Ting lets you pay monthly to get a certain amount of fast data, between 5 GB and 35 GB, and use a certain amount for mobile hotspots, between 5 and 18 GB. You can top this up by $5 per GB indefinitely. Users can also pick a Flex plan that costs $10 per month for limitless talks and texts with no data. However, if they use it, Ting will charge them $5 per GB, which includes mobile hotspot data.
Ting Mobile offers a monthly limit or pay-per-GB Internet usage plans. We mentioned the limits above, and those apply to 5G, 4G LTE, and 3G speeds in the United States and globally. If you’re using Ting on a GSM device, thanks to T-Mobile’s network, you get access to what many tests claim to be the fastest American mobile network. After you run out of fast data, Ting Mobile grants you unlimited data at 2G speeds for some plans (more details below). As mentioned, you can recharge $5/1 GB if you ever need top speeds.
Texting (SMS) with Ting Mobile
Similar to calling, Ting Mobile does not have text-only SIM card plans because they are unmetered and included in every plan. Therefore, whether you pay the bottom price of $10 per month or a top one of $55/month, you never have to worry about running out of SMS allowance. There’s no way to reduce the price if you don’t need SMS, however.
Ting Mobile SIM card plans
Payment plans for Ting Mobile SIM cards are structured as pay monthly and pay-as-you-go. Ting Mobile offers these plans for SIM card users:
|Plan name||Minutes and Texts||Fast data||Mobile hotspot data||Unlimited 2G data allowance||Monthly price|
|Set 5||Unlimited||5 GB||5 GB||No||$25|
|Set 12||Unlimited||12 GB||8 GB||Yes||$35|
|Unlimited||Unlimited||22 GB||12 GB||Yes||$45|
|Ollo Unlimited Pro||Unlimited||35 GB||18 GB||Yes||$55|
Flex plan is a flexible plan that grants you unmetered calls and texts and no data, but permits you to top up $5 for every GB. Unlike others (except Set 5), you can use the full amount for a hotspot. You can get multiple lines or sign up on the same account, but there are no price reductions.
Ting Mobile offers a Live Chat on their official website and a “Submit a request” form 24/7, meaning their customers can reach out at any time. Responses range from very fast to instantaneous. Ting Mobile also has at least two US-based phone numbers, one for existing SIM card customers (1-855-846-4389) and newly signed users (1-855-999-7266). Users can also access additional resources. Those are a Ting Mobile Knowledge Base with guides for all customer-related questions and issues, and active user forums.
- No contracts: Ting Mobile operates on a pay-as-you-go model. So, there are no long-term contracts required.
- Flexible plans: They also offer customizable plans, allowing you to select the amount of talk, text, and data.
- No overage charges: Instead of charging for the over usage, you’ll be automatically bumped up to the next tier if you go over.
- Nationwide coverage: Ting Mobile utilizes two major network providers (T-Mobile and Verizon )to ensure widespread coverage across the United States. They are yet to expand to other countries though.
- Mobile hotspot capability: Many Ting Mobile plans include mobile hotspot functionality. This will allow you to share your data connection with other devices.
- Excellent customer support: Good customer service is also a great attraction of Ting Mobile.
- No hidden fees: As far as we have checked and based on our experience, Ting has a pretty transparent pricing structure. You will not incur hidden charges while making use of the service.
- Easy online account management: You can conveniently manage your Ting Mobile account online. Monitoring usage, paying bills, and adjusting your plan, all can be done online.
- International options: Ting Mobile provides international roaming options and affordable rates for those who frequently travel abroad. It is a great travel SIM card.
- Supports both GSM and CDMA
- Uses Verizon and T-Mobile networks
- Superb 4G LTE and 5G connectivity in the US and wherever possible
- Affordable plans for the US market
- No data throttling and censorship is their mission
- Unlimited 2G data on most plans
- No contracts required
- Adjustable data plans
- Fast data rollover
- Offers a referral system
- No discounts on multiple lines
- Sharing fast mobile hotspot data can be charged additionally
- Mobile hotspot data is not equal to personal data on data plans
- No multi-month discounts
- Taxes and fees are usually not included in the advertised price
Concluding our review of the Ting Mobile SIM card, we can only say the carrier combines inexpensive pricing for the United States mobile communications market and dynamic plans. Users get access to the best 5G and 4G LTE networks in the US, yet only pay a portion of the price Verizon and T-Mobile ask. Plus, Ting offers no-contract, pay-as-you-go SIM plans, although with a monthly minimum. We also like that they offer fast data rollover into next month, promise they will never throttle speeds, permit GSM and CDMA connectivity and offer limitless 2G data once fast data runs out.
Ting Mobile FAQs
Ting Mobile is a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) that provides wireless services. They operate in the United States, offering various voice and data services to customers.
Ting Mobile offers voice, text, and data services.
Ting Mobile mainly makes use of two networks – T-Mobile and Verizon. Depending on the location and the strength of the signal, Ting will connect to either of these networks.
Yes, Ting Mobile offers international calling and roaming services. If you want to make sure, visit your nearest Ting retailer and ask them if Ting offers such features at the moment.
Ting Mobile SIM Review
Ting Mobile is a US-based MVNO (mobile virtual network operator) that uses Verizon (CDMA) and T-Mobile networks. It offers inexpensive mobile data and limitless calling and texting in 5G and 4G LTE networks in the United States and affordable international roaming.