Koodoo Mobile is a Canadian carrier created as a subsidiary of Telus in 2008. More precisely, it’s a flanker brand, oriented toward younger customers. Additionally, unlike Telus, Koodo doesn’t offer fixed-term postpaid contracts. What’s more, activating Koodo postpaid SIM card isn’t unnecessary. Simply remove the old SIM card (if there’s one), insert the new SIM card, and wait a few minutes to get the network service. However, other payment plans and activities such as changing SIM or transferring numbers require you to learn how to activate a Koodo SIM card. So, let’s demonstrate how.
1. Activate Koodo prepaid SIM card online
Online activation of a prepaid SIM card from Kodoo looks like this:
1. Entering personal information and setting up an account
Visit Koodo’s Prepaid Online Activation page and then:
- Enter your 19-digit SIM card serial number under SIM Card Details. You can find it near the barcode on the Kodoo 3-in-1 SIM card package you received.
- Enter your personal details under Account Set-up.
- Make sure to put a checkmark in front of Were you referred to Koodo Prepaid by a friend? then enter 3 to 8-digit referral code. Both you and your friend will get $25 in bonus credit.
- In the Set Up Your Self Serve Account section, enter your e-mail address and password twice.
- Continue by selecting one of the security questions. We recommend selecting <insert own question> from the drop-down list. Intruders can likely find answers to the rest from your social media.
- Set up your language (English or French), then enter a PIN you’ll use to lock your SIM card later.
2. Choosing number, addons, and reviewing the order
These steps are relatively short. The SIM card phone number will be auto-filled. If it isn’t, simply look it up on your SIM card package. Then, choose one or more Base Plans and/or Booster Add-ons from their Prepaid Plans page. Review the data you entered so far, then proceed to the next step.
3. Setting up payment and confirming
To pay for Kodoo services, you can use your credit or Visa Debit card. However, it must be registered to an address in Canada or the United States since international cards are declined. For that reason, the carrier recommends that you purchase a top-up voucher sold in their stores, retail partners in Canada, or online. Read the Summary page, and everything is in order, complete the activation procedure. Insert the SIM card and wait for the network signal to come on.
Tip. Automatic top-ups every 30 days aren’t enabled by default. Visit the Self Service section mentioned below to do so.
2. Activating updated or transferred Kodoo phone number
First, we’ll cover the activation of a Kodoo SIM card with the same or new phone number compared to an old Kodoo SIM card. Next up is activating a Kodoo SIM after transferring a phone number from a different carrier. In both cases, you shouldn’t remove your previous SIM card or cancel the service until you finish the steps below. Let’s start.
Updating Kodoo SIM card
First, log in to Kodoo and do the following:
- On the Overview page, select Mobile services from the Self Serve drop/down menu.
- Click on Change next to Change your SIM card.
- Enter your new Kodoo phone number and click on Continue.
- Enter the 5-digit verification code sent to your previous Kodoo number. You have 2 hours to do this.
- After you do this, insert the SIM card and wait for up to 15 minutes for the network signal to come on.
First, check whether your phone number is eligible for transfer (secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do). Then, sign in to Kodoo and do the following:
- Identical to step 1 above.
- Click on Manage next to Manage your phone number.
- Click on Transfer your phone number and fill in the requested information.
- You’ll get a port confirmation SMS to your old phone number. You have 90 minutes to do the next step.
- Visit the Chat (kodoo.com/chat) page and click on Chat now. When chatting with the Koodo Assist bot, enter “#PortHelp” to schedule a callback from a Kodoo representative.
- After the transfer is approved, insert your new Kodoo SIM card.
- Wait for up to 4 hours (mobile number) or 2 days (landline number) for the activation to go through.