Sky Mobile demands that its users finish activating their SIM cards after they receive them. That is unsurprising, knowing the United Kingdom laws. Also, the carrier is an MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator) that uses an O2 network to provide 3G, 4G, and 5G coverage in the country. People often opt for this carrier because of its data rollover feature at the end of the month. It’s called Sky Piggybank and saves that data for the next three years. You may also exchange extra data for discounts and can benefit from unlimited streaming on their apps. With that in mind, let’s show you how to activate a Sky SIM card.
1. Activate a new SIM card from Sky Mobile
Although Sky is lenient when it comes to delivery, which is free and happens in 3-5 days, and sells unlocked phones (read about unlocking a SIM card), it still requires users to finish SIM activation online. Luckily, the procedure is straightforward and only requires you to link it to your Sky iD, i.e., your Sky user account. Follow these instructions to activate a Sky SIM card as a new user:
- Visit Sky’s Activate your SIM page.
- Answer the question about your purchase place (via the website, retail shop, or contact center) by clicking on the right option.
- Decide the payment option: other payment method or Monthly Direct Debit.
- Answer the “Do you have a Sky iD?” question with Yes and No. The carrier will ask you to log in or register an account before logging in.
- Open your email service provider, such as Gmail, and find the email Sky sent you in the past (It’s titled “Thank you for ordering Sky Mobile”).
- Click the link and log in to Sky ID to connect the SIM order to the Sky user account.
- Visit the final Sky SIM activation page.
- You should be logged in to Sky ID already and activation will commence. If you aren’t, sign in first.
- Click the Activate your SIM option, then the Don’t have a PAC or STAC? to get a new number.
- Configure a spending cap, and enter the 7-digit activation code printed on the ordered SIM card before clicking Activate SIM. If that doesn’t work, use the 19-digit number instead.
- You will get an “activation successful” text in mere minutes after you insert the SIM card into your smartphone.
Note — We recommend Steps 1 through 4, but they are ultimately optional. They represent a step-by-step checklist to ensure you have everything necessary to complete activation.
2. Activating SIM cards you ported to Sky Mobile
The procedure of porting a mobile SIM card phone number is straightforward. Request a porting authorization code (PAC) or Service Termination Authorization Code (STAC) from the previous mobile network provider. You can also use the SMS method from step 1. Then, after following the identical steps above, after step 8, choose the Activate with PAC or STAC option. Then:
- Send a message on your old number containing:
- PAC to 65075 if you want to keep your old number but transfer it to Sky Mobile
- STAC to 75075 if you want a new Sky Mobile number and cancel the old one
- Enter either of the two SIM card activation codes after reading them from the full-size SIM card you received from the carrier.
- Type the PAC or STAC code below.
- Tap or click the Activate SIM button.
- If you picked STAC, you must enter a mobile phone number you want to cancel, then click or tap Confirm. After double-checking that the number is correct, tap Mobile home.
- Insert the SIM card you got from Sky Mobile, and wait for the SMS from the carrier after they activate it. You’ll also get confirmation that they ported the number if you used PAC.
3. Contact Sky Mobile Customer Service
If everything else fails, consider letting their professionals handle the situation after you reach out to the carrier. You can get in touch with Sky Mobile Customer Support in these ways:
- Live chat — Visit the Help page on Sky’s official website, and click the Sky Virtual Assistant icon in the bottom right corner. After it launches, select Sky Mobile from the list. The AI will demand that you click a secure link and continue chatting after signing in to your Sky iD.
- Call — Dial 0333 7591 018 or 0333 7591 901 to get in touch with humans working at Sky Customer Care.