SMARTY is a sub-brand of Three, one of the leading United Kingdom carriers. Unlike the parent company, they only offer pay-as-you-go SIM cards and SIM-only monthly plans, with no stores or in-person support. But like Three UK, the carrier has unlimited texts and calls on all plans, with fixed or unlimited data consumption. And, although still not officially supported, SMARTY SIM cards use Three’s 5G network effortlessly. This UK sub-brand is also unique for offering a discounted next month’s bill for the unused data from the previous one. With that said, let’s dive into how to activate a SMARTY SIM card.
1. Activate new SMARTY SIM card online
Here’s how SMARTY SIM card activation works based on where you obtained it:
1. Ordered via SMARTY website
You had to create a user account to order a SIM card. Therefore, you can follow these steps to activate your SMARTY SIM card:
- Visit the SMARTY’s Login page (https://smarty.co.uk/login) and sign in.
- Go to the Dashboard page if you aren’t redirected automatically.
- Click on Activate my SIM.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Tip. You’ll only fill out the information you missed when signing up.
- The SMARTY SIM card should be activated within minutes.
2. Purchased elsewhere
Did you buy a SIM card in a shop, ordered it with a third-party supplier, or received it as a Bonus SIM through the SMARTY Refer a Friend program? In those cases, activating a SMARTY SIM card works like this:
- Visit SMARTY’s Activate page (https://smarty.co.uk/activate).
- Note. If you don’t see the page described in the next step, sign out of the account you’re logged into.
- Click on Yes, let’s get started under “Ready to activate?”
- Enter the last 12 digits of the 19-digit SIM card serial number before clicking on Continue.
- Tip. You can find it on the back of the full-size SIM card kit, below the bar code.
- Select one of the offered payment plans.
- Enter your personal details and create a user account.
- Enter payment details (credit or debit card, PayPoint cash) and finalize payment for the first month.
- Your SMARTY SIM card should be active in a few minutes.
- Note. If more than 2 hours pass, use method 3.
2. Activate SMARTY SIM card after porting numbers
We only include this section when it’s obvious a larger-than-usual number of users will need it. In this case, customers often decide to port their SIM card phone number from Three to SMARTY. This will also work for any UK-based carrier. Here’s what to do:
- Obtain a PAC (Porting Authorization Code) by texting “PAC” to 65075 on your Three phone number.
- You’ll receive a PAC within 60 seconds, and it remains valid for 30 days.
- Sign in to your SMARTY account.
- Tap on Yes, continue under “Switching from another mobile provider?” If the option isn’t there, go to the Account Settings page (http://smarty.co.uk/dashboard/settings).
- Enter your PAC under Step 1.
- Enter your Three phone number under Step 2.
- Tap on Submit under Step 3.
- Wait for 1 to 2 business days for the transfer to go through.
- Tip. Don’t insert the SIM card you got from SMARTY until you receive confirmation.
3. Contact SMARTY Accessibility Service
Ran into issues or struggled following the steps above? Get in touch with the SMARTY Accessibility Team in these ways:
- Webchat: Click the chat bubble icon in the bottom right corner of the website. A chatbot is available 24/7 while their Customer Support is there every day, 8 AM to 8 PM.
- E-mail: Send your inquiry to [email protected]. Available 9 AM to 5.30 PM, Monday to Friday.
- Calling: Dial 03333381047 from the UK number at the same time as e-mail.
- Textphone: Call 0800 033 8011 during the same period as calling and e-mail.