Utility Warehouse is an English provider of mobile network services that demands users perform SIM card activation. Luckily, the procedure is straightforward and available in several versions, from their website and mobile app to calling a designated number or contacting Customer Service. Irrespective of the avenue you go with, you’ll end up with a working connection. Notably, the carrier’s parent company, Telecom Plus PLC, provides energy, insurance, and broadband services. Plus, the company has over 45,000 independent distributors (“UW Partners”) and covers over 750,000 homes in some way in 2022. Now that you know the demand for our guide, let’s explain how to activate a Utility Warehouse SIM card.
1. Instructions to activate a new Utility Warehouse SIM card
As mentioned above, Utility Warehouse employs three primary methods for activating a brand-new SIM card:
1. Calling a UW automated activation line
Dial 0333 003 5645 and wait for the IVR (Interactive Voice Response) to provide instructions. When asked, enter the SIM card phone number you’re trying to activate. To authenticate yourself, enter your birth year (the one you provided when signing up for a UW account, if not genuine, though it should be) when prompted. Note that the 4-digit number may be mentioned as a PIN (Personal Identification Number). When the automated system confirms your identity, you’ll receive a voice confirmation that your UW SIM card is activated.
2. Logging in to the Utility Warehouse account
UW provides user accounts in two places, depending on the way you signed up and whether you’re using other services. Luckily, both methods are straightforward, and involve using either:
- Utility Warehouse account — Visit the UW Account Login page. Enter your e-mail address or account number and password. Click the Log in button to sign in. You’ll now see the mobile phone number tied to the account and can activate it.
- Utility Warehouse Clubhouse — Go to the UW Clubhouse Sign-In page if you’re a UW The Discount Club member. Switch to the Mobile section after logging in.
You must provide the mobile phone number and the 4-digit birth year for the account owner in both cases.
3. Using the UW app
This procedure is identical to the one above, making it equally simple. Only this time you need to open the UW app on Google Play Store or the UW Apple App Store page and download, install, and open the app. After signing in to the UW account, you can complete the activation within the Mobile section. Again, users must supply the aforementioned details, number, and birth year (which could be asked in the form of a PIN).
2. Activation of ported Utility Warehouse SIM cards
UW claims to have an easy SIM card porting procedure where they do nearly everything. The SIM ordering and the activation processes are almost identical, proving their declarations. However, one key difference is the need to enter the PAC (porting authorization code) or STAC (service termination authorization code). The former should consist of 3 letters followed by 6 numbers, while the latter usually has 6 numbers and 3 letters. These are private and supplied by your old carrier, letting UW port the number.
If using sub-method 1 above, UW will ask for it after choosing “number porting” via IVR. Methods 2 and 3 demand that users go to the View your Mobile section and scroll to the bottom. After clicking Move a mobile to us, they will request personal information and these codes.
3. Contact Utility Warehouse Customer Service
If you run into any problems while trying to activate the UW SIM card in the United Kingdom, consider reaching out to Utility Warehouse Customer Support in these ways:
- Call them — Reach Customer Care in the UK from any number at 0333 777 0777. If you have another UW SIM, dial 150 while calling from overseas requires you to call +44 20 8955 5557. Differently abled users can dial 18001 to reach Relay UK services or use the SignVideo link below their contact form.
- Email them via contact form — Visit the UW Contact Us page, fill the contact form out, and click the Send message button. You can also see working hours for other methods there.
- Chat via social media — They’re available for messages via Instagram (@welcometouw) and Facebook (@WelcometoUW).