Bharti Airtel Limited, commonly known as Airtel, is one of the most renowned telecom brands in India. Apart from India, the company also operates in a dozen countries. It has millions of subscribers in India. The company offers several affordable calling, SMS, and data packs to its consumers. Airtel provides 24×7 customer support services to its users for queries and complaints. However, you don’t necessarily need to contact Airtel customer support executives every time to know your balance. There are three major ways through which the company allows its consumers to know their balance information. They are as follows:
- It offers various USSD codes.
- It provides My Airtel app.
- Users can log into the company’s website.
Check Balance Through USSD Codes.
USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) codes are also known as Star codes or Quick codes. It is the most convenient and quickest way to know your balance information as it doesn’t require an internet connection and even a simple feature phone can do the job. Airtel offers different USSD codes to check different types of balances. Following are the major codes:
- *123# : To check the main balance. This includes talk time which is free for Airtel 4G users so it may show “zero balance” to those customers.
- *123*10# : To check internet balance for prepaid customers.
- *141# : To take a loan for talk time in case the talk time balance is over.
- *123*9# : To check 2G internet data balance
- *121*5# : To check 3G/4G net data balance
- *123*11# : To check 3G data balance
- *121*8# : To check 4G data balance
- *123*197# : Check night data balance
- *123*2# : To check local SMS balance
- *121# : My Airtel, My Offer
- *121*4# : Airtel Value Added Services
- *121*7# : To check the last 5 recharges on your Airtel number
- *123*1# : To check Airtel to Airtel minutes balance
- *123*6# : Local Airtel to Airtel night minutes balance
- *123*7# : Check local and STD free SMS balance
- *141# : Airtel Talk time Gift Service
- *222# : Special 5 Offers
- *321# : Airtel Live Services
- *566# : Special offers and rewards
- *678# : Hello Tunes
- *888# : Missed call alert
- *777# : Local and national SMS packs
- *282# : To know your own Airtel number
- Dial 121 : Airtel customer care
- Dial 198 : Airtel complaints (toll-free)
- SMS <PORT> to 1909: Mobile number portability
- SMS <START> to 121: To start any service
- SMS <STOP> to 121: To stop any service
- SMS <Data USE> to 121: To check 2G/3G data balance
- SMS <UNB> to 121: To check unbilled amount
- SMS <OT> to 121: To check outstanding amount
- SMS <BP> to 121: To check current bill plan
- SMS <BILL> to 121: To know bill summary
- SMS <PAY> to 121: To know last 3 bill payment details
Check Balance Through myAirtel App
The myAirtel App is now known as Airtel Thanks. In this single app, you can manage all your connections like Airtel DTH, Airtel Broadband, and your multiple Airtel phone numbers. The app can be downloaded from Google Play Store (for Android users) and Apple App Store (for Apple users). Here is the step-by-step guide to check balance using Airtel Thanks app:
- Download the Airtel Thanks app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Log in to the app with your Airtel mobile phone number. If you have multiple Airtel numbers, you can track all of them via this single application.
- As soon as you are logged in, the app will display your main balance, your data balance, your plan usage, and its validity on the dashboard.
You can chat to Airtel’s customer care bots using this app. This app works for both prepaid and postpaid Airtel numbers. Using this app is the easiest way to recharge your Airtel number, buy data packs, and much more while on the go.
Check Balance Through Airtel’s Website.
Airtel has “Self Care Services” on its website, which is similar to its Airtel Thanks app. It is a web-based system for those who don’t want to download and keep the app on their phone to save memory. Here are the steps on how to use this:
- Open Airtel’s website and log in to your account. You can find it on Google by typing “Airtel self-care” and it will show you on top search.
- Enter your Airtel mobile number, then you will be sent an OTP so keep your mobile phone handy.
- After you enter the OTP, Airtel Selfcare dashboard will appear. You can check your main and data balance on it.
Check Airtel 4G Dongle Balance
Follow the simple steps to know your Airtel 4G dongle data balance:
- Turn on your Airtel 4G dongle and connect it to your PC or laptop.
- Open the Google search bar and type 192.168.0.1 as this is the IP address of your Airtel dongle.
- Press the Enter key, and then you will see the login screen. Enter the default password which is ‘admin’ and click on login.
- UI (User Interface) of the Airtel dongle will appear on your screen. You can see your pack name, remaining balance, and validity, etc. if you go to the ‘Information’ section and then click on Data Usage.
Being one of the leading network operators in India, Airtel has millions of users for their phone calling, SMS, and data access needs. Airtel has provided its users with some methods to check the balances, which have already been discussed above.
Getting to know your balances will help you to use your plan judiciously. It will also help you to pre-plan the usage of your balance so that you don’t get stuck up in the case of an emergency.