BSNL stands for Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited. It is a state-owned telecom company launched in the year 1990. Its headquarter is in New Delhi. Before the launch of private telecoms like Vi, Airtel, Jio, etc. it was the largest and the most popular telecom service provider in India. BSNL offers various different services like BSNL Mobile, BSNL Landline, BSNL Broadband, Bharat Fiber, etc. After the launch of 4G and wireless technology in India, BSNL started losing its customer base as it was lagging behind its private sector counterparts. Later on, it developed and launched BSNL 4G SIM, which resulted in its slow but steady growth. Now its customers are again increasing, and they need to know how to get information regarding their various BSNL balances.
There are mainly 4 methods to check the balance in BSNL. They are:
- USSD codes
- Toll-free call or SMS
- My BSNL App
- Official BSNL website
Check Balance Using USSD Codes
Using USSD codes is the easiest and the quickest way to know different kinds of balances and plan offers. Following are some important USSD codes for BSNL subscribers:
- *123#, *124*1# or *112# : Main balance check
- *124*2#, *123*1#, *123*6#, *112# : Data balance check
- *123*5#, *125# or *123*2# : To know SMS balance
- *123*1# : To know BSNL prepaid connection validity
- *999# : To know your BSNL phone number
- *102# or *124*8# : To activate BSNL prepaid plan
- *444# : For knowing prepaid offer plans
- *126# : To know voice pack information
- *124*2# : 4G data balance check
- *123*9# : Video call balance check
- *234# : Internet pack inquiry
- *123*8# : Night data balance check
- *123*6# or *123*10# : to check 2G net balance
- *112# : To check 3G net balance
Check Balance Via Call and SMS
BSNL users can know their main balance, data balance, SMS balance, and many more through BSNL’s toll-free number 1503 or 1800 180 153. You need to make a call to these two numbers from your BSNL mobile number and follow the instructions the IVR machine gives you. All the relevant information will be provided to you as per your need.
You can also find out your balance details using SMS. Just type BAL and send it from your BSNL mobile number to 123. After that, you will receive an SMS containing all the information related to your package like main balance, data balance, remaining SMS, and the validity.
Check Balance Through My BSNL App
For smartphone users, BSNL has launched a mobile application named My BSNL App. You need to follow these simple steps to use this app:
- Download the app either from Google Play Store (for Android users) or Apple App Store (for Apple users).
- After that, login using your BSNL mobile number.
- Click on the prepaid/postpaid account details.
- All the information related to main balance, data balance and validity will appear on the dashboard.
Check Balance On Official BSNL Website
To check balance online without downloading the app, use the following steps to get information from BSNL’s official website:
- Go to the official website of BSNL and fill in some basic details. You can log in either using your BSNL mobile number or your email address.
- After filling it, click the Submit button and it will show you the dashboard containing information related to your main balance, data balance, validity and more.
Validity in BSNL
There are two types of validity in BSNL prepaid connections i.e. GP1 and GP2. Here, GP stands for grace period.
- GP1: GP1 is the validity of 7 days after your current package expires. After 7 days, your GP1 will be over and GP2 will start.
- GP2: GP2 starts after the initial validity of 7 days (GP1) gets over. GP2 starts from the 8th day of the expiry of your current package. In GP2 the customer gets a grace period of 165 days to reactivate the dormant BSNL SIM. If the customer doesn’t reactivate his/her dormant SIM within 165 days then the SIM will be suspended/blocked permanently.
Recharge Plans for GP2 Customers
For inactive customers or GP2 customers, BSNL offers the following two plans to reactivate their SIM cards:
- STV-139: This plan is of Rs 139. It gives 2 GB data per day with a validity of 28 days. It also includes unlimited voice calls and 100 SMS throughout the country per day.
- PV-1199: This plan is of Rs 1,119. Its validity is 365 days and is currently available in Andhra Pradesh circle. It offers 24 GB data and 100 SMS per day.
It is quite easy to access your BSNL number’s information using the above-mentioned methods. To know your balance details via USSD codes and toll-free calls, you don’t need a smartphone or even an internet connection. Basic and feature phone users can also do their balance check using these two methods. For smartphone and computer users, using the My BSNL app and the BSNL website are convenient methods to get balance-related and other information in detail.