Yes is the first and only 4G mobile operator in Malaysia. Yes 4G is a brand under YTL Corporations with headquarters in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The company officially launched on 19th November 2010 and started with offering prepaid services first. The postpaid version of their plans, conveniently named Super Postpaid Plan, was launched in 2012. Four years later, on June 30th, this Malaysian carrier made its 4G LTE services public, which includes VoLTE. Yes has around 5000 base stations in Malaysia with an all 4G network covering 85% to 90% population nationwide. Its vision is to provide blazing high-speed internet to the country’s population at affordable rates. With such a broad customer base, it is vital to know how to check the balance in Yes SIM card. There are 2 ways to do this:
- Through SMS
- Using MyYes mobile application
Check Balance Through SMS
If you want to check your balance on a Yes SIM card without using the internet or mobile application, then you can do so with the help of its SMS service. Using this service is very quick and easy. Just follow the steps given below to use it:
- Open your text message app.
- Tap on ‘+’ icon (or any other icon on your phone which is used for composing an SMS) to compose an SMS.
- Type BAL in the message bar and send it to 0183301111 via your Yes mobile number.
- After that, you will receive an SMS containing your account balance and rebate balance information.
Note that the SMS you receive won’t show you the available data balance. For that, you will need to use MyYes mobile application.
Check Balance Through MyYes Mobile App
Using MyYes app is the preferred method to check various balances by Yes subscribers. It is quite handy and user-friendly, showing all kinds of balance information to its users. The app is loaded with myriad other functions like online reload service, plans, and packages, etc. You can download the app on Google Play Store (for Android users) and Apple App Store (for Apple users). With that said, use the simple steps given below to learn your balance within the app:
- After downloading the app, open it. You will see a dashboard asking for log in.
- First, you need to enter your Yes mobile number or Yes ID, whichever you prefer. If you don’t have a Yes ID, create one.
- At the bottom of the mobile number bar, you can see two buttons. One is “Password” and the other one is “Use TAC”.
- Tap the “Use TAC” button. You will receive an authentication code via SMS. Fill that code accurately and submit it.
- After that, you will see many messages showing you the features of the app. Just keep on tapping the “Next” button until you see the “Get Started” button.
- Tap the “Get Started” button and you will see the dashboard having information related to your main balance, expiry date, rebate balance and data balance.
If you click on the “MY Add-ONS” button, you can see the information related to your data packages, like your remaining data balance and its validity. There is one more button, “BUY ADD-ONS”, to buy a plan or package suitable to your needs. The packages are both long-term and short-term, and limited as well as unlimited. Once you select and tap the package to buy, it will show you the “PAY NOW” button to pay and buy the package. There are several options to buy the package like a credit card, debit card, online banking, etc.
There are two ways to check the balance in your Yes SIM card. One is through SMS and the other is through MyYes mobile app. Both the methods are easy to use. Because Yes operates on only a 4G LTE network, it doesn’t provide 2G and 3G connectivity, that’s why its mobile application is the most preferred and popular way to check the balance.
Being the largest 4G network in Malaysia, it provides the best internet data service to every Malaysian at very cheap rates. The company has its self-owned infrastructure across the country and is growing at a superfast rate.