DITO Telecommunity Corporation or in short, DITO is the latest telecommunications service provider in the Philippines. The company was launched in March 2021. Its vision is to transform the telecommunications industry of the Philippines with fast and secure 4G and 5G connectivity. DITO was formerly known as Mindanao Islamic Telephone Company, Inc. or Mislatel. DITO started its commercial operations on 8th March 2021. It is a fast-growing company as it has reached 3 million subscribers as of 22nd September 2021. Now, as it has a growing subscribers base, so there is a need to have knowledge about how DITO SIM works and how to access the balance-related information for its customers. There are 3 ways to know balance information for DITO subscribers:
- Using USSD codes
- Download DITO app
- Through DITO’s official website
Check Balance Via USSD Codes
It is very quick and easy to know your balance-related information via USSD codes. As for now, DITO uses only one USSD code to provide all the balance-related information. Here are the steps to check the balance:
- Dial *185# and press the call button.
- Next, a flash message will pop up on your screen showing your main balance and validity.
- In the same flash message you will see 5 options i.e. (1) DITO Account, (2) Load, (3) Promos, (0) Help.
- Reply with 1 and tap the Send button.
- After that, you will see another flash message with 5 options i.e. (1) Load Inquiry, (2) Call/Voice Balance, (3) Data Allocation, (4) Mobile Internet Usage Alert, (0) Back.
- Now you can choose the option you need to know about.
So, that’s how you get to know about your main balance, data balance, validity, and other such information using USSD codes in your DITO SIM card.
Check Balance Via DITO App
Like every telecom company, DITO also has its downloadable mobile application. You can either download it on Google Play Store if you are an Android user or on Apple App Store if you are an Apple user. Following are some steps to know your DITO balance:
- Download and then open the DITO app.
- A dashboard will open where you will find a button “Sign in with your DITO number“. Tap the button.
- Next, you will be asked to fill three things. First is your DITO mobile number.
- Second is your password (if you choose password option) or you can sign in with SMS. If you choose “Sign in with SMS” option, you will be sent a 6 digit verification code also known as OTP (One Time Password). Fill the code.
- And last is to fill verification code which given on the right side of the same bar.
- After filling all the three, tap the “Sign In” button.
- Next, a notification message will show up titled “Privacy Statement”. Tap the “I Agree” button.
- After that, the DITO dashboard will appear, showing your data balance in the center and main balance and validity on the top left-hand side.
- Below your data balance, there is a View Details option. If you tap it, you will see 4 types of balances i.e. “High Speed Data” balance and its validity, “Calls to other networks” minutes and its validity, “Text to all networks” and its validity, and “DITO to DITO Calls” minutes and its validity.
Check Balance Through MyDITO Account Online
If you are a DITO subscriber and don’t want to install the DITO app to conserve space on your phone, then there is one more option to check your DITO balance. DITO Telecommunity allows its users to log in to their official website using their DITO number.
Just like you log in with DITO mobile app, sign in with your DITO mobile number and insert your DITO mobile app password. Next, you will be asked to agree with the terms, tap the “I Agree” button.
After you log in successfully to your MyDITO account, a dashboard will appear containing information regarding your data, SMS, and calls balance. You can use this website pretty much like you use your DITO mobile app. The website’s user interface (UI) is quite user-friendly.
DITO is the third-largest telecom in the Philippines, after PLDT and Globe Telecom. Though it is launched very recently, it is gaining popularity among the masses because of its cheap plans and offers.
Unlike other major telecom giants in the world, DITO doesn’t provide much information through USSD codes. In fact, it mostly relies on DITO mobile application and MyDITO website. There is a reason behind this, and that is because DITO doesn’t offer 2G and 3G services. It provides only 4G and 5G connectivity to its subscribers, and for that smartphones are required. USSD codes were a popular method to check the balance in the older technology of 2G and 3G.
The DITO mobile application and MyDITO website are very convenient to use. It doesn’t only show various balances but has many more functions like online reload service, data and balance sharing with other DITO users, etc.