A PUK (Personal Unlocking Key) code is required when your SIM card gets locked, a consequence of entering the PIN (Personal Identification Number) incorrectly 3 times in a row. The PIN is a 4-digit code that prevents unauthorized access to your SIM card. If you enable the SIM lock feature, your phone will ask for the PIN whenever you try to use it. Generally, a SIM PIN is either 0000 or 1234. Unsurprisingly, you can change or disable this function if you don’t want to lock your SIM. If you are a BSNL user and have entered your PIN inaccurately over 3 times, you must enter the SIM PUK code, but how to find it?
A PUK code can only be provided by your mobile network operator. Thankfully, there are several ways to obtain your PUK number from BSNL. A reminder: PUK code has 8 digits, and will help you unlock your blocked SIM. BSNL customers facing such a situation will undoubtedly benefit from this article. Without further delay, let’s start exploring the methods to obtain PUK code in BSNL.
1. Reach Out to BSNL Customer Service
If your BSNL SIM card is blocked and asking for the PUK number, you certainly can’t make a call to the BSNL helpline number. In such a position, you have two options, i.e., either to make the call from another BSNL SIM (ask a friend or relative) or dial the number from another carrier SIM (Vi, Airtel, or Jio in India). However, you must keep in mind that helpline numbers are different for the two options. Thankfully, you can follow the steps given below.
- Call 1503 or 1800 180 1503 from any BSNL SIM. If you are using a non-BSNL SIM, then call 1502 or 1800 180 1502. No matter which number you choose, the call is toll-free.
- Select the relevant option on the IVR (Interactive Voice Response) to talk to the BSNL customer care representative.
- When you are finally connected to the person in charge of customer support, ask them to reveal your BSNL SIM PUK code.
- The person will ask about details related to your BSNL SIM. For example, the phone number, also known as the IMSI (International mobile subscriber identity) number, printed on the back of the SIM card.
- After that, the representative will tell you your 8-digit PUK code so note it down somewhere.
2. Find BSNL PUK Code by Sending SMS
Follow the instructions below to get your PUK code after forwarding SMS to BSNL:
- Use another BSNL SIM card and a separate device and open the texting app.
- Type PUK(space)15 or 19 digit SIM number, the only one of that length printed on the blocked SIM card.
- Send the SMS either to 123 or to 53733. You will receive the PUK code via an SMS shortly.
- Write the PUK code down and circumvent the protection of the blocked BSNL SIM.
3. Visit the Official Website of BSNL
You can also head over to the official website of BSNL and continue this way:
- Click the three-line menu button.
- Click the Sign-In option.
- Log in with your username and password.
- Go to the PUK section.
- Click the PUK Code button.
- You will see your PUK code on the screen. Jot the code down and proceed to unlock your BSNL SIM.
If you don’t have an account on the BSNL portal, create one. After you log in, you can also contact the customer support team from the account dashboard.
4. Use the My BSNL App to Find PUK Code
My BSNL app is the authorized mobile application that lets BSNL users manage their accounts through a user-friendly interface. You can also get your PUK code with the help of the app after you sign in. You may even block your BSNL SIM card through the app if it is lost or stolen.
It is important to remember that, after you enter the PUK code, the SIM card gets unblocked. After that, it will ask you to set a new SIM PIN of four digits. Do so, but then it is your choice whether to disable the SIM PIN or keep the locking feature enabled. If you want your phone to never ask for a PUK code, you can deactivate the locking functionality. Also, remember to not share the PUK code with anybody. It is a sensitive piece of information that helps protect your SIM card.