TPG Telecom Limited is an Australian telecom company. It was formerly known as Vodafone Hutchison Australia. The company was founded in 2001 as Hutchison 3G Australia. Its headquarters are in North Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. TPG Telecom is the third-largest carrier in Australia serving more than 5.8 million subscribers as per the 2020 data. If you too are their subscriber, you may be interested in all the ways you can recharge your TPG prepaid SIM card. In the following sections, you’ll learn about them one by one.
1. Recharge SIM Card Through the Official TPG Website
This is an online method to recharge your prepaid SIM cards. Therefore, you need a working internet connection to do the job. Follow the steps below to reload your TPG SIM.
- Visit the TPG website.
- On the home page, click on My Account.
- Log in to your account. If you are new to TPG then register/sign up to create your account.
- After logging in, select the Top-Up Prepaid Balance option.
- Select the Amount option. You will see the option to top up with $10, $20, $50, $100, and $200.
- Click the Review Order option.
- You will see the summary of your order. Tick the checkbox to agree to the terms and conditions.
- Select the payment mode. There will be two options — (i) Use my existing payment method and (ii) use a credit card.
- If you select the first option, your default payment method will be used to pay for the recharge. If you select the credit card option then fill out the credit card details.
- After entering the details, click the Make Payment option.
- Your TPG number will be reloaded once the payment clears. You will get the confirmation message.
Note that if you have an outstanding prepaid balance, you first need to settle it, and then only you can add the prepaid balance. One more important thing to remember is that payment via a direct debit may take a long time (3 to 6 days) while the payment via credit card takes about 15 minutes to 4 hours.
2. Use Third-Party Websites to Top Up TPG SIM Cards
Third-party websites are web portals that provide recharge services for various wireless carriers. They give lucrative offers such as reward points and cash backs on top-ups to lure more customers. There are many such websites where you can recharge your TPG prepaid SIM such as SEAGM, Ding, Recharge, and DoctorSIM. All these websites have more or less the same kind of steps. Here are the following common steps to use these websites.
- Visit the website for the service you choose.
- Log in using your username and password.
- Select your country as Australia.
- Enter your TPG prepaid number.
- Select the top-up amount or the bundle you want to buy.
- Select your mode of payment such as debit card, credit card, and PayPal.
- Enter the details of the mode of payment you have selected in step 6.
- Confirm the payment details, and wait for the confirmation message of successful recharge.
More ways to recharge the TPG prepaid SIM cards could exist. However, the two most used and most efficient ones are mentioned in the article already. You may also want to know how to activate your TPG SIM card.