Airtel is the second-largest telecom company in the world in terms of the number of customers, after China Mobile of China. It serves more than 440 million subscribers worldwide. The company has a very strong network across India and its 4G/LTE network provides high-speed internet. Like other telcos, Airtel also has a wide range of plans for data, calls, and SMS. We covered it in detail in our Airtel SIM review. Its plans are affordable and value for money. Some plans include subscriptions to OTT platforms also. But the question might arise in your mind about how to get those plans and what are the various ways to recharge your Airtel SIM card. There are 4 main methods to recharge in Airtel. Let’s discuss them one by one in brief.
1. Recharge Through Airtel Thanks Mobile Application
You can download the Airtel Thanks app on your phone or tablet through Play Store (for Android devices) or App Store (for Apple devices). The app is a very convenient and fast way to recharge your Airtel number using the internet. In the absence of the internet, you won’t be able to work on it. The steps to recharge via the app are:
- Open the app and login to it using your Airtel mobile number.
- Go to the Payment Bank section.
- Tap on the Recharge option.
- Next, tap on the Mobile option.
- Fill your mobile number you want to recharge and select the operator.
- From the list that follows, select the plan that is the best suitable for you.
- Then, enter the amount and tap on the Pay Now option. You will receive the notification after the successful recharge. If not, it will notify you of the failed transaction.
If you want to recharge using your main balance via the app, it is also possible. Just choose the Pay Via Balance option on the payment page and the recharge amount will be deducted from your main account balance.
2. Recharge Through the Official Website of Airtel
It is the best online method for those users who don’t want to download and keep the app on their phones to save space. The steps to recharge using Airtel’s website are:
- Visit the official website of Airtel.
- Login to your Airtel account using your MPIN or mobile number.
- On the dashboard, click on the Payment and Recharges option.
- Next, select the Prepaid Recharge option. Enter your Airtel mobile number.
- Select your service operator.
- Choose the desired plan from the list of plans and packages.
- Enter the recharge plan amount and click on the Proceed button. You will receive the notification upon the success of your transaction.
3. Recharge Via USSD Code
There may be a number of reasons for you to recharge your Airtel number via USSD codes. Maybe your plan has expired, and you have no internet connection to reload your SIM, you may have unused balance, and you want to use it, or something else. Using USSD codes is an offline method to recharge your number. Just follow the below-given steps, and you are good to go.
- Dial *121*51# from your Airtel number. A flash message will pop-up on your screen.
- Select My Offers from the list of the flash message.
- Next, you will see the list of recharge offers. Choose your preferred recharge plan out of the list.
- After selecting the desired plan, confirm it to activate. You will get an SMS for the successful recharge.
As an Airtel user, you can recharge other Airtel numbers too from your main balance and get 4% cashback. Just dial *141*Airtel Number*MRP of the plan#. If you enter the wrong MRP, of which no Airtel plan exists, then you will receive an error message.
4. Recharge Through Paytm
Recharging your Airtel number through any UPI app is also a very common method. You can use any UPI app like Paytm, Google Pay, PhonePe, etc. for this purpose. Let’s see how to recharge using Paytm.
- Open the Paytm app on your phone or visit the website of Paytm.
- Log in to your Paytm account.
- Select Recharge & Pay Bills option.
- Next, enter your Airtel mobile number.
- It will automatically detect your service provider and circle. If something is wrong, you can select your service provider and circle manually as well.
- Enter the amount you want to recharge with, or select the plan from the Browse Plans option.
- Tap the Proceed to Recharge button.
- You can select the promo code if the app provides you any.
- Your recharge will be done, and you will receive a confirmation notice on the app as well as on SMS.
Moreover, if you have no internet access or don’t have any credit balance in your main account, you can recharge your Airtel number through local vendors, mobile phone shops, Airtel’s official outlets, etc. After recharging, make sure to check the balance in your Airtel SIM to verify that the amount has been successfully added.