Reliance Jio is the largest mobile operator in India, both in terms of revenue and the number of subscribers. It took the telecom industry by storm in India after its launch in 2016. In the beginning, the company offered high-speed 4G data and unlimited voice calling minutes at a fraction of the price offered by its counterparts. Until now, it is the cheapest service provider as compared to other operators in India. Due to its affordable plans and quality services, many subscribers of its competitors ported their number to Jio or started using Jio as a secondary connection. If you are a Jio user, activated your Jio SIM card, and want to know the ways through which you can recharge your Jio number, then keep reading this step-by-step guide.
There are four ways to recharge your Jio SIM card:
1. Recharge Jio Through Online Portal
If you want to recharge your Jio number without downloading any app, then Jio’s official website is the best place for you to recharge your or anybody else’s Jio number. You can access the website from your phone as well as your computer. Just follow the simple steps given below to recharge:
- Visit Reliance Jio’s official website.
- On the homepage, you will find the “Quick Action” button in the top right corner. Click the button and then click the “Recharge” button.
- After that, a new page will open up. You will see the “Mobile and JioFi” option. Click the option and enter your Jio phone number in the given space, then click submit.
- Next, a page will open where you will find several recharge plans. Select the plan you want to have.
- Select the mode of payment through which you want to pay for your selected recharge plan, and then hit the “Pay Now” option.
2. Recharge From My Jio App
There are multiple benefits of having the My Jio app in your smartphone, one of them is you can easily recharge your Jio number anywhere and anytime within a few seconds to a couple of minutes. The following steps will guide you.
- Download and install the My Jio app (available both on Play Store and iOS).
- After opening the app, click the “Proceed” button.
- You will see two options – “Enter your mobile number“, and “Login with SIM“.
- Choose the “Enter your mobile number” option. Fill your Jio number and tap the “Generate OTP” button.
- You will receive the OTP in a few seconds and if your Jio number (which you entered in step 2) SIM card is in your phone then it will detect the OTP automatically.
- After successful OTP verification, a dashboard will appear. In the top left corner you will see a three line menu. Tap it and select the “Recharge” option.
- Next, select the “Recharge your number” option. You will see all the available recharge plans on the dashboard afterwards.
- Select the recharge plan you want to have and tap on “Apply“.
- Pick your preferred mode of payment out of all the available options.
- Click the “Pay Now” button. You will receive the notification after your recharge is successful.
3. Recharge Via WhatsApp
To recharge more conveniently, Reliance Jio has started a new facility on WhatsApp. You can recharge your Jio number, recharge others’ Jio mobile number, and port your number into Jio through WhatsApp’s chatbot. You can also do JioFibre and JioMart payments through this feature. Here is how you can recharge your Jio number through WhatsApp.
- Save the number 7000770007 as Jio Care in your phonebook.
- Open your WhatsApp application and find “Jio Care” in the search bar.
- Open the chat with Jio Care, type and send ‘Hi’. You will receive an automated text.
- The text will have an option “Jio SIM recharge“. Select the option, and you will see several recharge plans to choose from.
- After choosing/selecting the desired plan, you will be directed to the official website of Jio to make the payment.
- Select any one payment mode like, GPay, Paytm, Amazon Pay, PhonePe, etc.
- After the payment is successful, you will receive the notification on the web page as well as on the WhatsApp chat. Hence, your plan will be active there on.
The chat service is available in Hindi and English. Apart from recharge, you can also do many other things like reporting a complaint, changing the default language, choosing the additional services provided by the company through the Menu option, checking balance and expiry date, requesting a new Jio SIM, etc.
4. Recharge Offline
Recharging Jio offline is the most conventional method. Jio’s recharges are available offline easily. In case of internet blackout, weak signal, or any other specific reason you can easily reload your Jio prepaid by visiting any nearby mobile phone store or official Jio outlets. Many local retail stores also provide recharge facilities for Jio numbers. The online method is not always convenient, especially when you have no money in your bank account, and you are equipped with only hard cash. Offline is a great method if you want to recharge now and pay later if you have good credit terms with the storekeeper.
After recharging, make sure that you check the balance in your Jio SIM to verify that the amount has been successfully added.