Bahrain Telecommunication Company, trading under the name Batelco, is the major telecom in the eponymous country. The company was founded in 1981 and has its headquarters in Hamala, Bahrain. It serves more than 4 million subscribers, and if you too are a subscriber, you might be interested in knowing how to recharge your Batelco prepaid SIM card. Its prepaid SIM is called SimSim and there are multiple ways to top the balance up. In this article, we’ll talk about all those recharge methods one by one, so let’s start.
1. Recharge SIM Card Through the Batelco Top-Up Voucher
The top-up vouchers of Batelco prepaid are available everywhere in Bahrain, from the official outlets to a local general store. Just buy a top-up voucher and redeem it in a couple of seconds. There are two ways to redeem it: through USSD code and by calling. To use the voucher through the USSD code, do the following:
- Dial *125*top-up PIN# from your Batelco prepaid phone.
- In a moment, your recharge will be done, and you will receive the confirmation SMS.
The other method requires you to dial 111 and follow the voice prompts to utilize the voucher.
2. Using the Official Website of Batelco for Recharging
This is an easy technique you can employ to recharge your Batelco SIM card anywhere in the world. All you need is a working internet connection. Follow the steps below to exercise this option.
- Visit the official portal of Batelco.
- Log in using your username and password. Your username could be your passport number, GCC ID, CR ID, or CPR.
- Click on Quick Pay and then the Quick Refill option.
- Next, enter the Batelco prepaid number you wish to recharge.
- Select the desired recharge amount.
- For security, enter the captcha code given there.
- Select your preferred mode of payment out of the given options: Debit Card, Credit Card, or BEYON Money.
- Complete the payment process by entering your card/bank account details, and you’ll get a recharge confirmation message shortly.
3. Recharge Balance on Batelco SIM Card via Third-party Websites and Apps
Many applications and websites allow you to reload your Batelco prepaid SIM card online. These offer lucrative rewards to lure customers to use their services. Some noteworthy examples, none of which we’re affiliated with, are Ding, DoctorSIM, and Recharge.com. Therefore, in this section, we will talk about recharging using DoctorSIM. Follow these instructions:
- Visit the official DoctorSIM website and select the language in the top right corner.
- Click on Recharge Your Mobile option in the “Top-Up” section.
- Select your country as Bahrain.
- Enter the prepaid phone number you wish to recharge.
- Click on the Next button.
- If you have entered the Batelco prepaid number, it will automatically show them as your operator.
- Choose the desired top-up amount from the given options. You can either select the amount in Bahraini Dinar or United States Dollars.
- After selecting the top-up amount, click on the Proceed To Checkout button.
- Next, it will show you the complete billing details and amount along with the service fee.
- Enter the email address on which you wish to receive the recharge confirmation message.
- Click on the Continue To Payment option.
- Select the preferred mode of payment from the given options, such as Credit Card, Apple & Google Pay, PayPal, or Pay with Cryptocurrency.
- Fill in the details of your selected payment mode.
- Once the payment amount is deducted, your recharge will be successful.
- Check your email for the recharge confirmation message.
4. Call the IVR Service Number for Batelco
You can top up your prepaid Batelco SimSim number with a simple phone call to the IVR (Interactive Voice Response) service. Here are the steps to follow:
- Make a call to +973 1721 4444 from your Batelco SIM/phone, and you will hear voice instructions.
- Select your preferred language to hear them.
- Dial or press 1 to select Account Operations.
- Enter your Batelco customer ID and then press the # key.
- Enter your ePIN and then press the # key.
- Press the 3 key to select the “SimSim prepaid top-up” option.
- Enter your Batelco/SimSim prepaid phone number and then use the # key.
- Press 1 to confirm all the details you entered. If not sure, press 2 to cancel.
You can also press 0 to talk to a customer care representative. Note that ePIN is your 6 to 8-digit code that is used to access telebanking, mobile banking, mobile retail banking, and so on. If you don’t have it, you can generate the BBK Online ePIN using your phone number.
5. Employ Batelco’s Prepaid Credit Advance Service
You can now request credit from the company and pay it later along with a service fee. It’s a handy option when you run out of credit and there is an emergency. To avail of this service, heed the instructions below.
- Type CREDIT in your text message box.
- Send the SMS to 99199.
- Select the amount you want to recharge with (there’s a varying limit).
- Your account will be recharged with the amount you have selected.
When you recharge your Batelco prepaid SIM again next time, your balance will be deducted with the amount you took as credit. An additional 20% service fee will also be deducted along with it.
No matter which method you choose, remember to check your balance afterward to make sure it worked. Sometimes the money gets deducted from your account, but the recharge doesn’t take place. It may also take a long time to recharge or doesn’t top up at all due to technical errors. It is also important to check your bank account. If any extra money is debited, you can make a complaint to the appropriate authority.