KPN is a Dutch mobile telecom company that was previously a state-run postal, telegraph, and telephone service provider. Its headquarters are located in Rotterdam, Netherlands. It is the third-largest wireless carrier in the country after T-Mobile and Vodafone. If you too are a KPN subscriber and interested in knowing the several ways to recharge your prepaid SIM card, this article will provide you with the relevant information. There are many ways to recharge your KPN balance such as via top-up vouchers, the KPN website, and third-party websites. In the coming sections, you will learn about all these methods in detail.
1. Recharge a KPN SIM Card Via Voucher Code
Buying a top-up voucher from local stores or online is the quickest option to recharge your KPN prepaid mobile SIM. The top-up vouchers are easily available at all KPN stores. There are also websites like Dundle you can use to quickly buy a top-up voucher key anywhere and anytime. Such websites send you the top-up code via email. Whether you buy the voucher online or offline, follow the simple steps given below.
- Open the messaging app and start composing an SMS.
- Type “(CODE) Opwaarderen“.
- Send the SMS to 1266. You will receive a recharge confirmation message.
For example, if your voucher code is 1122334455 then type 1122334455 Opwaarderen. Send this to 1266 then. You can also use the voucher code to recharge via calling. Just call on 1244 and follow the voice instructions. If you are abroad, dial *100*1244# before following the instructions.
2. Recharging Using the KPN Website
You can recharge your KPN prepaid online through its official website. The site is easy to navigate, and the recharge process doesn’t take long either. All you have to do is as follows:
- Visit the official website of KPN.
Note. For English speakers, it is better to translate the page into English as the website is in Dutch. To do so, just select the English option provided by your web browser.
- Navigate through the website. Under the SIM Only option, tap the Start Here button.
- Next, select the pack/bundle of your choice.
- Click on Continue Ordering after the appropriate selection.
- It will ask you whether you want a new subscription or to extend the existing one. Select either New Subscription or Extend as per your preference.
- Next, It will show you the shopping cart in which you can review your order carefully again.
- After reviewing, click on Further.
- Next, fill out all your details and everything asked on the page carefully.
- Click on the Continue To Your Overview option.
- Complete the process further as instructed. Your recharge will be successful, and you will get a notification to confirm that.
3. Use Third-party Websites to Reload KPN SIM
Certain websites let you top up a KPN prepaid number from the comfort of your home. Ding, Recharge, DoctorSIM, SEAGM, and Transfer Home are a few notable web portals in this regard. To demonstrate the procedure, though we are unaffiliated, you’ll learn about using one such website, Transfer Home, to recharge your KPN SIM card. Here’s how to proceed to do so:
- Visit the Transfer Home website.
- Log in. If you don’t have an account already, click Sign Up under the three-line menu button.
- Select your country—the Netherlands.
- Enter your KPN prepaid number you wish to recharge.
- Click the arrow key beside the phone number bar.
- Select from the list of bundles on offer.
- Enter and confirm your payment details. The credit will transfer to your KPN prepaid account instantly.
4. Recharge SIM Card Through KPN Prepaid App
This Dutch cellular network provider has a mobile application called “KPN Prepaid”, available for Android and iOS users. To continue, download the app from either app store, register yourself, log in and recharge your KPN number. There are multiple payment options to pay for your recharge. Remember, you have to enter your payment mode details only once, and it will be saved. The next time you decide to top the balance up, the details will be fetched automatically.
Some more ways to recharge your KPN prepaid card may exist. However, all the common methods are already shown above. No matter the way you choose to recharge, always check your KPN prepaid SIM card balance after the process is over to confirm the funds arrived.