U Mobile is a Malaysian telecommunications company officially known as U Mobile Sdn Bhd. When it was founded in 1998, its name was MiTV Networks Sdn Bhd. The company’s headquarters are in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. U Mobile sells SIM cards and recharges all across the country. Therefore, there are several methods to recharge a SIM card you get from U Mobile. In the coming sections, we will showcase all those techniques. Let’s begin.
1. Recharging Via MyUMobile App
MyUMobile app is the official mobile application by U Mobile. It is available to both Android and iOS users. Download and install the app, register yourself using your U Mobile number and the app is ready to use. It is a multipurpose app users can employ to can manage their U Mobile accounts easily. To recharge your U Mobile prepaid number using the app, follow the steps given below.
- Open the MyUMobile app.
- Select the Menu option.
- Select the account of the recipient of recharge.
- Choose either the Top-Up My Account or the Top-Up For A Friend tab.
- Pick your desired top-up value.
- Select the desired mode of payment.
- Complete the payment process by filling in all the payment mode details.
- Your recharge will be successful, and you will get a notification message.
2. Recharge SIM Card Using the U Mobile Official Website
For those who don’t want to download and install the app to save space on their phones, this is the most suitable alternative to the MyUMobile app. It is also an online method, so you will need to have an active internet connection. Follow the instructions below to use this method to recharge your U Mobile prepaid SIM card:
- Visit the official online store of U Mobile.
- Enter your U Mobile prepaid number.
- Enter the email address on which you want to receive the recharge receipt.
- Select the desired top-up amount.
- Select your preferred mode of payment, i.e., Visa, American Express, or FPX.
- Agree to the terms and conditions after reading it.
- Tap Next.
- Enter the card details you selected in step 5. After the payment process is over, you will receive the recharge confirmation on your email.
3. Top Up U Mobile SIMs Through SMS
Like USSD codes, SMS is also free. Further, it doesn’t need you to have a smartphone. First, you need to buy a U Mobile top-up voucher to use this method. Here’s how recharging your U Mobile prepaid works after you do so:
- Open the SMS messenger on your U Mobile phone.
- Type in the 14-digit voucher PIN.
- Send the message to 22128 and wait for the recharge confirmation message.
4. Use USSD Codes to Recharge Your U Mobile SIM Card
Recharge vouchers of U Mobile are available everywhere in Malaysia. Grab a U Mobile recharge voucher for the desired amount before following the steps below:
- Scratch the voucher carefully with a coin.
- Dial *138*top-up PIN of 14-digits#. Do this to recharge your own U Mobile prepaid number.
- Dial *138*top-up PIN of 14-digits*recipient’s U Mobile number#. Do so if you want to recharge another U Mobile prepaid number.
- Check the inputs again and press the Call/Send/OK button. Now, wait for the confirmation text.
The best thing about this method is that it is free. Moreover, it doesn’t require an internet connection and not even a smartphone. Even basic or feature phones are enough. Make sure you do this with a U Mobile SIM card, as the USSD codes are specific to every carrier.
All the major ways to recharge your U Mobile prepaid number are examined in our guide. However, there could be more methods to reload or top up your balance we didn’t mention. Regardless of the approach you decide on, don’t forget to check your balance once the recharge is done to ensure the payment went through.