Grameenphone, widely popular with its abbreviation GP, is the largest telecom company in Bangladesh serving more than 83 million subscribers. Grameenphone is a joint venture between Telenor (a Norway-based telecom giant) and Grameen Telecom Corporation. Telenor has 55.8% stocks in Grameenphone while Grameen Telecom Corporation has 34.2%. The rest of the 10% of stocks are owned by the public. The company was formed in 1997 and has headquarters in Dhaka, Bangladesh. If you are a GP user and interested in knowing different ways to recharge your Grameenphone SIM card, this article is perfect for you. There are several methods of doing so, and lucky for you, we will demonstrate them one by one.
1. Recharge SIM Card Through My Grameenphone App
My Grameenphone app is available on both Google Play Store and App Store. It is an easy-to-use and fast app through which you can manage your Grameenphone account at your fingertips. Along with recharge, you can do myriad activities like checking your GP account balance, looking for different offers and recharging bundles, and subscribing and unsubscribing to various services. To recharge using the My Grameenphone app, follow the simple steps given below.
- Download and install the app on your smartphone.
- If you are a new user, register yourself using your GP number.
- After registration, log in to your GP account.
- Next, open the My Grameenphone app.
- You will see the dashboard showing your balance information and the rest. On the same dashboard, you will see the Recharge button. Tap it.
- Next, a page will open up. Enter the GP number you wish to recharge.
- Enter the recharge amount in the Amount column, or select from the recharge options given below the Amount column.
- Tap on the Continue button.
- Next, you will be redirected to the Payment Method page. Here you will get different payment options. Select the desired one.
- Tap the Continue button.
- Fill in the details of the payment mode you have chosen.
- Complete the process and then your recharge will be successful. You will get the confirmation message.
2. Recharging Through Grameenphone Smart Load
Smart Load is a feature in Grameenphone through which you can reload through top-up vouchers using a USSD code. It is a quick and easy way to recharge your GP SIM card without the use of an internet connection or smartphone. Even a simple feature phone can do the job. The best part about this feature is you can recharge any GP prepaid number, whether you own it or want to help out, by using a GP top-up voucher. Hence, you can recharge your family member’s or friend’s GP number anytime and anywhere after buying the scratch card and following these instructions:
- Dial *555*voucher PIN on the scratch card*GP mobile number you wish to recharge# from your GP phone.
- You will get a notification after the recharge is successful.
- The person whose GP number you have recharged will not get any notification.
Once the scratch card is used, it will completely become useless. The validity and recharge amount depend on the scratch card you have used. This service is not chargeable, and it is available to GP prepaid customers only.
3. Top Up Balance for Grameenphone Via Third-Party Websites
Third-party websites are web portals not owned by the parent company of your service provider. These third-party websites are granted permission by your carrier to sell its recharges/top-ups. Generally, these websites offer lucrative rewards on recharges and top-ups to gain customers. Hence, when you reload your SIM card through these websites you may get cashback, reward points, and so on. Ding, Recharge, and DoctorSIM are a few popular websites in this regard. Though we have no affiliation, we will show DoctorSIM’s process of reloading with the help of the steps given below.
- Visit the official website of DoctorSIM.
- Under the “Enter recipient’s phone number” section, select your country as Bangladesh.
- Enter the GP prepaid number you wish to recharge.
- Select the top-up amount.
- Tap/click on the Proceed To Checkout button.
- Enter the email address on which you want to receive the recharge confirmation message.
- Tap on the Continue To Payment button.
- Choose your payment method.
- Fill in the details of the payment mode you have selected in the previous step. Complete the process and your recharge will be successful.
It is important to note that the payment details you have entered will be saved for future use. Thus, you won’t need to enter your payment mode details every time. You can also log in to the DoctorSIM website via your Google or Facebook account.
4. Recharge Grameenphone SIM Card Using GPay App
Google Pay, commonly referred to as GPay is an online platform you can use to send and receive money instantly. The same app can be used to buy Grameenphone recharge too. The app is available both on Play Store and App Store. Download and install the app and create your account on it first. When your account is created, proceed with these steps to recharge.
- Open the GPay app.
- Tap on the option Self for your number recharge. Tap on the Other option if you want to recharge someone else’s number.
- Enter the number you wish to recharge.
- Enter the recharge amount.
- Tap on the Recharge option.
- Enter your GPay Wallet PIN.
- Tap the Submit option. You will receive a notification when your recharge is successful.
There may be some more ways to recharge your Grameenphone prepaid SIM, however, all the major ones are already examined in this article. No matter what way you choose, always remember to check your GP balance after the recharge is done.