Teletalk is a Bangladeshi mobile network provider that delivers free and paid SIM cards. They serve most of the country’s population, including students and privileged people, casual users, high-demand customers, and even corporates that require a mini network for their employees. Unsurprisingly, the cost of SIMs depends on the type of user and the size of the order. Those seeking a single or a few SIMs may pay nothing but require a user plan or pay a nominal amount to get it charged. Others who need dozens will undoubtedly get a bulk discount and access to different plans. With that in mind, we answer the question, “what is the Teletalk SIM price?”
Costs of prepaid Teletalk SIM cards
We will first go over SIMs with the highest demand among general users, which are prepaid SIM cards. These are accessible to the entire population, as long as they provide the necessary documents when making the order and taking it. With that said, here’s the pricing of prepaid SIM plans from Teletalk depending on the user plan:
Sagotom SIMs from Teletalk cost BDT 150, which is 150 Bangladeshi Taka including all charges such as VAT, surcharge, and SD. You get a start bonus of 60 mins, 60 SMS, 5 GB of data, and 30-day validity from the moment you recharge 99 BDT and more. Standard charges of local voice call at 47 Paisa per minute, 1 second Pulse, 25 Paisa per local SMS, and pay-per-use data at 15 KB / 1 Paisa apply. International roaming isn’t included in this or any other plan.
Shotoborsho is a free Teletalk SIM card prepaid plan. However, the catch is that you must recharge at least Tk.100 or 100 BDT to activate your plan. For that, you get 33.33 minutes, 33 SMS, 5.94 GB of data, and 30-day validity. The next two months give the same deal if you recharge again. Regular tariffs we mentioned apply.
Agami is a Teletalk SIM that is not sold but given away for free to students with a GPA of 5 who register online. They get the same rates on a local network or from Teletalk to other carriers at 45 Paisa per call, 25 Paisa per SMS, and 15 KB / 1 Paisa for the Internet. The trick is that students must recharge 100 BDT to get a start-up 30-day bonus of 5 GB data, 100 SMSes, and 100 minutes.
4. Bornomala, Oporajita, Mayer Hasi, Youth, Shadheen, Projonmo, and other plans
Teletalk is adding and removing plans often, so we can’t list them all accurately. Luckily, now have an idea of what they ask from users. To save time, and since you can check detailed offers on the website, we’ll surmise the rules of use and the prices for all plans at the time of publication. Teletalk charges this price for these SIM card prepaid plans:
- Bornomala — Only available for university and college students who register on http://bornomala.teletalk.com.bd/ and costs 100 BDT
- Mayer Hasi — Not sold and given for free to mothers of students that have a primary education stipend. Costs between 9 BDT for 7-day validity and 29 BDT for a 15-day validity
- Oporajita — Reserved for women in Bangladesh and costs 100 Taka
- Shadheen — Special offer of 20 FnF (Friend and Family) numbers for 150 BDT per SIM with special offers
- Youth — For young people in Bangladesh, and priced at 29 BDT, 70 Taka, and 99 BDT depending on the start-up plan and recharge plans
- Projonmo — Regular 3G Internet package costing 29 DBT for a weekly validity and BDT 99 for a 30-day validity
Pricing for postpaid Teletalk SIM cards
Teletalk has a single postpaid SIM card plan named Gravity that costs 900 BDT. However, 700 BDT immediately becomes an initial credit limit and a non-refundable security deposit for the carrier. You will pay 60 Paisa per minute for calling from Teletalk to Teletalk or Teletalk to any local carrier. You also need to pay 25 Paisa per SMS and 0.01 Paisa per 30 KB of mobile data.
Price of a Teletalk SIM for corporates
Corporations get privileges for ordering SIMs in bulk. Therefore, corporate SIM pricing for Teletalk is as follows:
- Prepaid — BDT 50 per SIM for 5 to 30 connections / free for 31 connection and above
- Postpaid — 50 Taka for a single SIM for 5 to 30 lines / gratis for above 30 lines
Security deposit for postpaid SIMs is 500 Taka to 7000 BDT depending on the number of lines, and the credit limit can be adjusted for each SIM card. The security deposit is refundable and given back when the last bill is paid.