Are you tired of being trapped in the shackles of traditional cell phone plans? Ready to break free and join the 5G revolution? Well, you’re in luck because FreedomPop is here to save the day! But first, you need to activate your SIM card. Don’t worry, it’s easy-peasy lemon squeezy, let’s get started, shall we?
What do you need to get started?
Before getting started with the process make sure you have these necessary items with you. So, to Activate FreedomPop SIM Card you will need a FreedomPop SIM card, your phone, and an internet connection, preferably WiFi. If you don’t have any of these items, then arrange these prerequisites, we’ll be right here waiting for you
Got everything you need? Great! Let’s roll:
Step-by-step process to Activate FreedomPop SIM Card on Android
- If you’ve purchased the FreedomPop SIM card directly from FreedomPop’s website then the Sim is already activated, and you can skip directly to step 9.
- Connect to Wi-Fi and or make sure you can access the internet. It’s preferable to use Google Chrome on an Android device for the activation process.
- Once you have an internet connection go to this link FreedomPop.com/activate.
- On the activation page type in the ICCID. You’ll find this number on the SIM card or SIM card package.
- Then enter your email address. Remember that this email address will be your username for all your billing and account info, you’ll also receive a temporary password in your inbox. After all your info is complete, hit that big green validate button at the bottom.
- Choose what services and plans you wouldn’t like to add to your account.
- After selecting a plan, you’ll be asked to enter your billing information and credit card info.
- Lastly, hit the activate button and wait for a few seconds until the order is processed. Once your order is done processing, you will have to choose a phone number from a list, by entering the area code or state and city of the number.
- If you want to use your old phone number, you will still have to choose any one phone number from the list for now.
- Insert the SIM card into your phone. For most phones, remove the side tray with the pin, put the proper SIM card size in the tray, and push the tray back into your phone. For other phones, you might have to remove the back cover and insert the SIM card.
- After the Sim is inserted, go to settings > network connections > mobile networks > access point names.
- Note: Just a heads up, each phone has a different path to get to the APN or access point name settings.
- From the list select FreedomPop and press save
- To make calls and send texts, you have to download the ‘FreedomPop messaging app’ on Play Store.
- After you login into the app, you’ll be able to make calls and send SMS texts!
Step-by-step process to Activate FreedomPop SIM Card on iOS/iPhone
Both Android and iOS/iPhone share the same process for the most part. On your iPhone follow the above-mentioned steps for Android, but only till step 9 then continue with this:
- From the iOS app store download & launch, the FreedomPop app.
- Enter the email address or phone number that you use during the online activation process.
- Enter your password sent to your email inbox and hit that login button.
- You will get this prompt ‘This website is trying to open settings’. Tap on the ‘Allow’ button in the top right-hand corner.
- Next, tap on ‘Install’, and enter your passcode when prompted. Then tap on ‘Install’ again.
- That’s it! You’re now logged in, you can start making calls and sending texts!
Tip 1: Keep track of Your Data Usage
Once you choose one FreedomPop plan that comes with limited data usage it’s important to keep track of the amount of allocated data consumed. This is crucial to prevent depletion before the billing cycle ends. You could use the FreedomPop app which assists you in tracking your internet consumption and prompts notifications when nearing the maximum usage designated by your plan.
Tip 2: How to find the right APN settings for you
If you are unable to locate the APN settings on your device, Google your device’s make and model + ‘how to get to APN in settings’.
Tip 3: Retain your Old Phone Number on FreedomPop
To retain your Old Phone Number on FreedomPop simply select the option to port your existing number during the checkout process.
Congratulations! You’ve made it to the end of this article on activating your FreedomPop SIM card. And if you’re anything like me, you’re probably feeling a little bit like a tech wizard right about now. But seriously, activating your SIM card doesn’t have to be rocket science. Just follow the simple steps outlined in this article and you’ll be up and running in no time. And if you do run into any issues, don’t hesitate to reach out to the friendly folks at FreedomPop support. They’ll be happy to help you out.