Are you tired of being stuck with a TNT SIM card that feels like it’s from the Jurassic era? Are you sick of missing out on all the amazing deals and promotions that your friends are raving about? Well, fret not guys, we have the ultimate guide to help you upgrade your TNT SIM card and join the modern world.
Everyone knows that technology is developing at a fast pace in this day and age. A few years ago, what was deemed cutting-edge is now out of date. In the same line of thought, using an out-of-date SIM card with mobile devices might prevent you from taking advantage of all the newest features! The good news is that anyone may easily upgrade their TNT SIM card. And by doing this, you may take advantage of TNT’s newest offers, promotions, and better internet speeds.
Let’s continue and see how to update a TNT SIM card. We’ll take you step-by-step through the full procedure in this article so you can update it like an expert. The best part is that all you’ll need is a little amount of time and a willingness to learn; no specialized abilities or technical expertise.
Note: Make sure to back up important messages and contacts before upgrading your TNT SIM card.
All the methods mentioned below allow you to retain your old mobile number along with your prepaid load, and any promo that was previously subscribed that is still ongoing.
The Do-It-Yourself method:
- Purchase an LTE-Ready Upgrade SIM from any official TNT retail partner (10 PHP only).
- Using the current SIM on your phone, text ‘GET PIN’ to 7927 for free.
- You’ll receive the upgrade pin from the service center via text. This 6-digit PIN is valid for 30 minutes.
- Insert your new LTE Upgrade SIM in your phone and enter the 6-digit PIN when a menu prompt for the upgrade code appears.
- Then press OK
- Wait for 15 mins and then restart your phone.
- You will receive a confirmation message that you have successfully upgraded your SIM!
In-Store method to upgrade TNT from 4G to 5G:
- Check if your device supports 5G connectivity by going to the phone’s settings and looking for the “Mobile networks” option.
- Visit the nearest TNT store or any official retailer outlet and bring your current SIM card along with a valid ID.
- Request for a SIM upgrade to 5G and provide any needed information for verification.
- Wait for them to process your upgrade and activate your new TNT SIM card.
- Once activated, insert the new 5G SIM card in your phone
- Restart your device after 15 mins.
- All services should be running smoothly within 24hr of activation.
Note: Depending on the availability of a 5G network in your area, you will have to deal with varying speeds and network quality.
In-Store method to upgrade from 3G to 4G
Not all smartphones are able to support 5G connectivity so let’s see how can you upgrade a 3G TNT SIM card to a 4G one:
- Visit the nearest official TNT store or retailer with your SIM card and a valid ID.
- Request for a SIM upgrade to 4G at the counter and provide any needed information for verification.
- They will process the upgrade and activate your new SIM card within a few minutes.
- Once activated, insert the new 4G SIM card to your phone.
- Restart your phone after 15 mins.
- You may experience a delay, but everything should work smoothly within 24hr.
How to verify if your TNT SIM card supports LTE services?
- Simply text ‘SIMCHECK’ on this number 5832
- You’ll receive another message from the service providers indicating if your TNT SIM card is upgradable or not.
Now you know that upgrading your TNT SIM card is a simple and straightforward process that anyone can do. By upgrading your SIM card, you can take advantage of TNT’s latest promotions and better internet speeds. Whether you’re upgrading from 3G to 4G or from 4G to 5G, the process is easy and only requires a few steps. Just remember to back up important messages and contacts before upgrading, also do not share any PIN codes you receive with anyone!