Jio is among the most popular telecom companies in India. Though it is a relatively new company, it has become the most successful in the telecom sector of India. Its estimated market share in 2021 is around 36.15%. It launched its 4G LTE service on 5th September 2016. Initially, it offered free unlimited voice calls and internet data to its customers. During that time, other telecom operators like Airtel, Vodafone, Idea, etc. were charging very high rates for providing 4G data, SMS, and voice calls. In such times, Jio brought a huge revolution in the telecommunication industry. The competition was cut down and the customers’ bills were reduced to 70%.
Until now, it is the cheapest service provider in the industry, that’s why it has such a large customer base. One thing the Jio customers surely want to know is how to check the various balances of their Jio connection. There are mainly 5 ways through which the customers can check their Jio balance:
- Through SMS or missed call.
- Through USSD codes.
- Via calling.
- On My Jio app.
- On the Jio website.
Check Balance Via SMS or Missed Call
Dial 1299 from your Jio number to know the balance and validity. When you make the call, after a few seconds, the call will be automatically disconnected, and then you will receive an SMS on the number from which you made the call. In the SMS, you will be provided the information about your balance and validity.
There is one more way to get the SMS regarding your balance and validity. Type MBAL and send it to 55333. The text you receive will include your SMS usage, data usage, recharge balance, and your plan validity.
Some more important messages are as follows:
- Type BILL and send to 199 to know your bill amount for Jio postpaid connection.
- Type MYPLAN and send to 199 to know your ongoing Jio plan.
- To activate 4G data, type START and send to 1925.
- For checking your call tariffs, type TARIFF and send to 191.
- For knowing your Jio number, type JIO and send it to 199.
- To check your 4G data balance, type MBAL and send to 55333.
- To check your prepaid balance and validity, type BAL and send to 199.
Check Balance Via USSD Codes
Checking balance information using USSD codes doesn’t need an internet connection. Dial the following USSD codes for knowing your balance and validity using your Jio number:
- *333*1*3# : Internet Data Balance
- *333# : Main Balance
- *333*3*1*1# : To activate Caller Tune
- *333*3*1*2# : To deactivate Caller Tune
- *333*1*4*1# : To check VAS (Value Added Services) balance
Check Balance Through Call
To check balance and validity using call service, follow these simple steps:
- Dial 1800 889 9999 or 1991 from your Jio mobile number.
- The Interactive Voice Response (IVR) machine will ask you to select your preferred language.
- Choose your preferred language and press the respective key.
- The IVR machine will notify you about your active plan’s data balance and validity.
Apart from that, you can get details about several offers and plans of Jio, set caller tune, and get many more services on call.
Check Balance from My Jio App
Because Jio offers only 4G LTE services to its subscribers, it has no scope for users of 2G or 3G phones. 4G LTE services can only be provided on smartphones, and smartphone users find it very convenient to use My Jio app. The app lets its users track their active 4G plan, its validity, and various other information very easily.
The steps given below will let you access your plan information:
- Download My Jio app on your smartphone from Google Play Store (for Android users) or Apple App Store (for Apple users).
- Register yourself using your Jio number. An OTP will be sent to you on the same number.
- After entering the correct OTP, the Jio dashboard will appear. Tap on View Detail option.
- After this, you will see the information related to data balance, SMS balance, voice call balance and plan validity of your Jio mobile number.
Moreover, you can connect your other Jio numbers, JioLink, JioFiber, JioFi accounts with a single app. It is also linked to other Jio apps such as Jio TV app, Jio Saavn app, Jio News, etc.
Check Balance Using Jio Website
For those who don’t want to download and keep My Jio App in their smartphone, they can access all of their account information on Jio.com, the official website of the network provider. It is very convenient and simple to use this method. Just follow the steps given below:
- Open the official website, www.jio.com, and click on Sign In.
- Click on the Mobile option and then enter your Jio number.
- An OTP will be sent to the number, enter it and then click on the Submit button.
- Next, you will see your data balance and other plan details on your screen.
- To know the balance in detail, click on Check Usage or View More option.
If you click the My Statement option, you can check the history of your recharges, invoice history, and the statement of the past 6 months regarding the usage of calls, SMS, and internet data.
Reliance Jio is the cheapest telecommunications service provider in India. It offers a wide range of packs and plans for voice calls, SMS, and internet data.
In this article, relevant information regarding balance checks and other services offered by Jio is mentioned. The five convenient methods discussed above will help the users to know their balance and validity details at their fingertips. You can also check your Jio balance after you disconnect your mobile data, as an SMS will be sent to you containing information about how much data you have used.