Verizon Communications Inc. was established on 30th June 2000. It is one of the largest service providers in the telecommunications sector of the world. Its headquarter is in New York and has a global presence. The company is a leading giant in the call, data, and video service providing. It is known for its award-winning and reliable networks, wonderful customer service, and strict control and security of customers’ valuable data. No doubt, that’s why the company generated $128.3 billion in revenue in the year 2020.
As it has a large customer base, there is a huge demand from its customers to know what kind of new services the company is going to offer and how to access the information regarding various balances on their Verizon SIM card. Here are some ways through which the customers can check their balance and validity information:
- Through call/SMS
- Use My Verizon app
- Use Verizon official website
Check Balance Through Call or SMS
To check prepaid balance, data balance, Gift Card, and Rebate Card balance in Verizon, use the following codes:
To Check Prepaid Balance
- Dial #BAL or #225 to check the main account balance.
- Dial #PMT or #768 to get payment information.
- Call 888-294-6804 from any phone and then follow the instructions over the call.
To Check Data Balance
- Dial #MIN or #646 to know usage of minutes on Family SharePlan.
- Dial #DATA or #3282 to know data usage which includes local and international text messages, internet data usage, IN text messages and IN pix/flix messages.
To Check Gift Card Balance
- Dial #GIFT or #4438 from your smartphone.
- Call 1800-876-4141
To Check Your Upgrade Eligibility
- Dial #UPG or #874 : This shortcut will send you a text message to inform you whether your connection is eligible to upgrade or not. If it is not eligible, the text message will also indicate the date on which you will be eligible to upgrade.
Some Other Important Codes
- #ROAD or #7623 to request road assistance
- #832 to place a test call.
- *73 to stop call forwarding
- *86 to check your voicemail
- *611 to call customer care service executive
- *67 + 10-digit phone number to block caller ID for a single call
- *71 + 10-digit phone number to forward unattended or unanswered calls
- *72 + 10-digit phone number to forward all the calls immediately
- *82 + 10-digit phone number to unblock caller ID for a single call
Check Balance Using My Verizon App
My Verizon app can help you save up a lot of time and energy. It allows you to do all your Verizon account-related activities on your smartphone like paying your cell phone bills without driving down to a Verizon store and standing in a queue. Here are the steps on how to use this app:
- Download My Verizon app either from Google Play Store (if you are an Android user) or Apple App Store (if you are an Apple user)
- Sign In with your username and password. If you don’t already have an account, then click on sign up to create a new account.
- After signing in, you’ll immediately see the dashboard, and in the upper-left corner you can see your current balance.
If you want to pay the bill on the My Verizon app then click on your current balance, and you’ll be given an option for payment there.
- To check your data usage, click on the Data Hub tab in the collapsible menu on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Click “Shop” to check out current offers, the latest accessories, and sign up for device protection.
Within the main menu of the app, there is the Verizon Up option. Verizon Up is the company’s reward program which provides you various perks like discount cards, tickets to amusement parks and concerts, trial membership to various services, and a plethora of local offers.
Use Verizon Official Website
The users who don’t want to download and keep the My Verizon app on their smartphone can choose an easy option of using Verizon’s official website www.verizon.com or myverizon.com and sign in using your Verizon mobile number or user ID and password. If you don’t have an account, then sign up to create one.
After you sign in, a dashboard will appear showing your current balance in the upper left corner. To pay your bill online, click on the My Billing option followed by Pay Verizon Bill option. To save money on your Verizon bill every month, sign up for an automatic billing option.
To check your internet data usage, simply click on the My Usage option.
Download Mobile Bill Statement
Your mobile bill statement shows your call, text, and data usage activity. You can view and download your bill in the My Verizon app and on My Verizon online.
To check your recent bill and view its details, visit Bill Overview in My Verizon online or app and then tap the Bill PDF to download, print, or email it.
To check your past bills and view their details, visit Bill Overview in My Verizon online or app. In My Verizon online, scroll down and select a billing period of up to the past 18 months. In My Verizon app, select History at the top and then choose a billing period of up to the past 6 months. Scroll down and then tap the Print as PDF to download, print, or email it.
Verizon provides its customers with various options or ways to manage their accounts. Along with Verizon corporate stores, you can manage your account via My Verizon app or myverizon.com. You can also manage various things, like paying your bills to checking your eligibility to upgrade, on your Verizon account by using a few different hotkeys.
All the above-mentioned methods provide convenient ways for Verizon subscribers to check their balances and other relevant information.