T-Mobile is a brand under Germany’s Deutsche Telekom. It operates in many parts of Europe, but its largest territory is the United States of America, having 81.3 million subscribers at the end of the fiscal year 2019. It introduced its “Uncarrier” campaign in 2013 which got hugely successful as it allows its users to sign up to T-Mobile without a two-year contract which other mobile service providers made mandatory. In April 2020, they, the third-largest mobile carrier in the United States, merged with Sprint which used to take the 4th spot on the same list. Because it has a large number of users, it is quite normal for people to think about and search for various ways they can use to access their account balance information. There are 3 major ways to check your account balance in a T-Mobile SIM card. They are:
- Using USSD/short codes
- Using T-Mobile application
- Through T-Mobile website
1. Check T-Mobile SIM Card Balance through USSD Codes
Using USSD or shortcodes is an easy and quick method to check your account details anywhere and anytime without the need for an internet connection. The following are many important shortcodes regarding T-Mobile:
- #BAL# (#225#) : To check account balance and last payment.
- #MIN# (#646#) : To check the calling minutes balance.
- #MSG# (#674#) : Checking the SMS used ((not available for prepaid customers).
- #WEB# (#932#) : For checking data usage, internet data plan and its validity.
- #NUM# (#686#) : To know your phone number.
- *PAY (*729) : To make bill payment online.
- *ADD (*233) : To call the refill/recharge center.
- #FAM# (#326#) : To check Family Allowance balance.
- #ROF# (#763#) : To turn off international data roaming.
- #RON# (#766#) : To turn on international data roaming.
- 611 : Customer Care.
- 911 : Emergency Call.
2. Look up Balance via the T-Mobile App
Using the T-Mobile app is a very convenient way to check your account balance. To do so, you need a smart device like a smartphone or a tablet. This application works for both Android devices (6.0 and above) and all Apple devices. You can do a lot of things with the T-Mobile app: look your balance up, pay your bills (if you are a postpaid user) or refill (if you are a prepaid user), upgrade your phone, manage your account or multiple accounts, etc. Here are the steps on how to use the app:
- Enter “T-Mobile app” in the Google Play Store/Apple App Store search bar.
- Download and open the app once you find it.
- A dashboard will appear asking for login. If you don’t have an account, create one.
- Log in using your T-Mobile SIM card mobile number or email address. Enter the password.
- The home screen of the app will appear. On it there is an option “Your Usage”. Tap it.
- After that, you will see your data, SMS, calls and mobile hotspot balances.
- If you tap the button “View Details”, you will be able to see all your balances in detail line wise and graphically.
3. Check Balance using T-Mobile Website
Some users don’t want to download and keep the T-Mobile app to save space on their phones. Those groups of people can access their account balance information through the My T-Mobile website. Follow these steps to do this:
- Visit My T-Mobile website directly or search for it on Google.
- If you don’t have a T-Mobile online account, click on the “Sign Up” button and create it then and there.
- Enter your T-Mobile phone number in the first box and then click on the “Send Password” button.
- A text message having your temporary password will be sent to you on the number which you had entered.
- Enter this temporary password in the second box and click on “Continue”.
- Next, you have to enter a new password, your name and your email address into the remaining boxes below.
- Hit the “Sign Up” button when you’re done.
- You can check your prepaid balance under the “Your Account Status” section on the main screen.
You can access the website from your laptop, PC, smartphone, or tablet as long as you have an internet connection. Apart from checking balance, the website contains many more features for T-Mobile subscribers.
T-Mobile is the 4th largest multinational telecom brand in the world. Ahead of it are Spain’s Telefónica, India’s Airtel, and UK’s Vodafone. With such a wide span of operations and a substantial number of customers, this telecom giant has left no stone unturned to provide its customers with world-class facilities and services. This includes the T-Mobile application and My T-Mobile website which allow its users to access their balance information along with myriad other functions anywhere and anytime. To sum it up, like every major telecom, T-Mobile also provides a method of reviewing your balance. It does so in three main ways: USSD codes, a mobile application, and an official website.