BSNL stands for Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited, a company incorporated on 15th September 2000. It is a 100% state-owned telecom company in India. BSNL offers a wide range of tariff schemes for all the services it provides — landline, mobile telephone in 2G, 3G, and 4G (in select areas), Wi-Fi, broadband, etc. It boasts one of the largest wireless networks in the country, covering even remote areas. Although its network isn’t as widespread as that of its competitors and its internet service is slow, people nonetheless prefer it because of its cheap recharge plans. There are 4 methods to recharge your BSNL prepaid number. Let’s discuss them one by one.
1. Recharge SIM Card via My BSNL App
My BSNL app is a convenient method to recharge, check balance, view several recharge plans, and more. Are you are a smartphone user and want to get all the information and features related to your BSNL connection quickly? The best way to do so is to keep the app installed on your phone. The steps to recharge through My BSNL mobile application are as follows:
- Download the My BSNL app from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store after searching for it.
- Login using your BSNL number. You can also skip this step by clicking on the Skip Login button.
- Select the GSM Prepaid option, then enter the BSNL mobile number that you want to recharge.
- Choose the desired recharge plan from the options visible on the dashboard.
- Select the Circle and Nickname.
- Enter the amount of the recharge plan and click Continue.
- Once the payment procedure is complete, your recharge will be successful.
2. Recharging Through the Official Website of BSNL
The official website of BSNL has more or less the same features as the My BSNL app. You can access the website anytime and anywhere without using the valuable smartphone space installing the application requires. The steps to recharge your BSNL SIM card via its official website are:
- Visit the official website of BSNL.
- Click on the Recharge button given on the homepage.
- After that, a new page will open. Click on the Mobile Recharge option.
- Start the procedure with Mobile Details.
- Under “Mobile Details”, fill out your BSNL mobile number in the first box.
- Confirm your mobile number in the next box.
- Select your Circle/State where your BSNL SIM card is registered.
- Under “Communication Details”, enter your email address in the Email ID box.
- Add your SIM card mobile number (any mobile number to get the recharge confirmation message) in the Contact No box below the email address.
- Enter the code you were given above into the next box.
- If you’d like to remember the information for the next recharge, click yes on the question related to remember information.
- Click on the Submit button after filling all the information.
- Follow the payment procedure and your recharge will succeed.
3. Recharge Using USSD Codes and SMS
Recharging via USSD codes or SMS is an offline method, hence you don’t require an internet connection. It is a preferred method when you have no internet access at the moment, and you need to recharge your BSNL number. You can renew your plan through the USSD code, and there are several codes to recharge your BSNL number. Let’s look into these codes.
- *444*STV Amount# to do validity recharge. For example, if you want to recharge with 74 Rupees, dial *444*74#.
- *124*2# to recharge with a coupon code.
- *567*99# or *543*99# for transferring balance from your BSNL number to another BSNL number.
- *518# to get a BSNL credit loan for talk time.
- *444*49# for STV 49 plan in which you get 100 minutes to any network +45 paise/minute call rate in home circle after free 100 minutes. You also get free roaming in Delhi and Mumbai MTNL network + 2 GB data + 100 SMSes to any network with the validity of 28 days.
- *444*429# for STV 429 plan that awards you with unlimited data (1 GB/day and 80 Kbps thereafter) + 100 SMSes per day to any network + 250 minutes per day + Eros Now subscription, and validity of 81 days.
- *444*1499# for STV 1499 plan in which you get 250 minutes/day + total 24 GB of data + 100 SMSes per day, and validity of 395 days.
Before you opt for this method, remember that you need to have sufficient money in your main account balance. Otherwise, the recharge won’t be successful. In case you want to do a validity recharge for your BSNL SIM card, type PV <amount> and send it to 53733 or 123. For instance, If you want to recharge with 74 rupees, type PV 74 and send it to 53733 or 123. Note that the amount should be the same as the amount of validity recharge offered by BSNL.
4. Renew Using UPI App
These days, it is common to recharge using UPI (Unified Payments Interface) apps like Paytm, Amazon Pay, Google Pay, and more. That’s because they offer cash backs and coupons to their users. Let’s find out how to recharge your BSNL number using Paytm.
- Visit the official website of Paytm or open the Paytm app.
- Select Prepaid on the dashboard.
- Enter your BSNL phone number.
- Choose BSNL as your service operator.
- Select the Circle/State.
- Enter the recharge amount or click on Browse Plan to select your desired plan.
- Next, click on the Proceed button to confirm recharge and make payment.
- Your recharge will be successful, and you will receive the confirmation notification.
There are other ways to recharge your BSNL phone such as recharge through top-up coupons, local retailers, BSNL outlets, mobile shops, etc. Make sure your recharge is successful by checking your BSNL account balance for confirmation.